Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP Elite editing q's...  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Ornament

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
OFP Elite editing q's...
« on: 03 Nov 2005, 09:26:56 »
Editing seems simple. I played the co-op first air mission which onlt allows two players ingame. So I made a 4 player version, easy to do, just put "EMPTY" helicoptors near insertion point.

One thing I would like to ask. Is there a sight, manual which tell you what each vehicles is best suited for i.e. anti-aircraft, heavy armour, special squad etc., as there is nothing in the little manual so mkaes it a little difficult in building a mission.

Also I've found that editing a mission is great, but when I use up all the building points (enough for a very hard mission), the foog when flying is really bad, even when I've turned it off. Does anyone know if it is better if I use less building points?

Thanx.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:OFP Elite editing q's...
« Reply #1 on: 03 Nov 2005, 10:04:59 »
Does anyone know if it is better if I use less building points?
I believe so and certainly worth trying.    Viewdistance and building points are definitely related in some way.

Edit:  it's not exactly what you're after, and it applies to the PC game not Xbox, but this table of armour values will give you some clues.    The AA vehicles are Shilka and Vulcan.
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2005, 11:11:51 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Sir Jivealot

« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2005, 18:41:39 »

When you design a mission you can set the draw distance in the weather settings.
A higher draw distance means less construction points though so go for the balance.

Offline Ornament

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2005, 23:45:47 »
I think I'm using the points first and then changing hte contruction which doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desighned some  missions now and the AI does what I thoguht it would which it great, very tough though.

Still playing it after two weeks and still enjoying it.