Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I Need Some Ideas For Farmland Mod  (Read 4272 times)

Offline RolsRois

• Members
  • I'm not sure of who i am anymore
    • Rambm Workshop
Re:I Need Some Ideas For Farmland Mod
« Reply #15 on: 03 Nov 2005, 13:50:34 »
wow many many ideas, thanks guys, and yes rifle is purchase-able, i guess i can do a "mafia" that is collecting your cash, and you can recruit farmers, that whouldnt be a problem, and yes ill make hunting if we will have a deer
ill welcome any other idea.
the mission is on farmland islands, cause it is the most reasonable for farming  :)
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2005, 13:51:18 by RolsRois »
Rambm Workshop, A New way of playing OFP
http://www.freewebs.com/rambm/
yes its on freewebs! Got a problem?

jBrereton

« Reply #16 on: 23 Nov 2005, 21:53:57 »
You could also buy a hunting rifle to poach deer rather than legally hunt them, but you'd have to avoid people like rangers.

Also, night time sheep-stealing missions against your rivals.

I would personally have your rival as East, and the police (government is a bit general, plus I don't imagine that anyone other than the police getting involved) as the Resistance side, who would attack you if you got out of hand with your poaching/attacking of your rivals.

It'd be better if there wasn't German occupation IMO. Possibly it could be set just after the war, when people were supplying all food all over the world.

It could even be set with you as a Russian peasant in the USSR, with rivals etc. but you'd also have to give some of your crops to the government.

Offline RolsRois

• Members
  • I'm not sure of who i am anymore
    • Rambm Workshop
« Reply #17 on: 24 Nov 2005, 17:26:43 »
ok guys, ill say it again, it's more of a stretegy game then RPG.
you build units, you take over farms, you get resources, sell them, money, there are no police or rangers, there are guns offcourse, farmers, mercenires etc.
any suggestions after i gave some more details?
Rambm Workshop, A New way of playing OFP
http://www.freewebs.com/rambm/
yes its on freewebs! Got a problem?

jBrereton

« Reply #18 on: 24 Nov 2005, 19:19:21 »
I don't see why a farmer would need mercinaries, don't they already have guns aplenty and some form of training?

It'd be good if you hired farmhands and then trained them up in different ways, like in that old game Battle Realms. For example, if you put a farmhand into a shotgun training range, he'd come out with a shotgun and some skills. If you put him into a cow-farming hut, he'd come out with another cow and also the skills to breed some more etc.

That's just an idea of mine, it might be crap/really hard to implement.

HOBOMAN

« Reply #19 on: 24 Nov 2005, 21:34:35 »
I think your farmland mod is a good idea. A nice change of pace.
First off to avoid confusion with current Farmland Mod (the zombie one), I'de change the name.
Secondly I wouldn't make the rivals the USSR farmers because that just brings up a dull West vs East theme in a new context.

I think the rival farmer should be a german farmer who you suspect of being a nazi war criminal. You have a little militia of men and so does he. At day you two fight for customers, and night you two fight each other. You can sheep steals (as mentioned before) and burn down his corn field. Defend your own farm house at night too. I would avoid having too much rpg-ish elements. Instead you can have a storyline with  better devloped characters. Before the nightraid missions you could buy guns in town or trade, but I would stay out of hiring new workers to avoid complexities in the over all campaign.

jBrereton

« Reply #20 on: 25 Nov 2005, 23:13:19 »
lol a German nazi farmer I think not. I'd prefer to have you both being farmers in the USSR and your rival is a capitalist in secret, that'd be more fun.

HOBOMAN

« Reply #21 on: 25 Nov 2005, 23:25:46 »
lol a German nazi farmer I think not. I'd prefer to have you both being farmers in the USSR and your rival is a capitalist in secret, that'd be more fun.
Actually many former nazis fled europe after WWII and escaped to South America and some even started a new life in the USA. The northern european strip in USSR were there was rich soil to farm was pretty dull. Not many towns or people to interact with, no police or military close by. How could a capitalist farmer be living in the middle of no where in the USSR in the 1940's? That makes no sense.

jBrereton

« Reply #22 on: 26 Nov 2005, 20:53:02 »
They could merely believe in the capitalist ideology, I myself am pretty left-wing, which is quite strange for England. I'm not saying that they're a capitalist who leapt over the Berlin wall 'for a better life', they could merely be in the same area as you but believing in a different way of life.

Also, you could have a little village with soldier's billets in it so that the army were involved (albeit limitedly) and also some civilians.

Not too hard, really.