Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Real Life MOD ISN'T DEAD!  (Read 1981 times)

Offline RolsRois

• Members
  • I'm not sure of who i am anymore
    • Rambm Workshop
Real Life MOD ISN'T DEAD!
« on: 17 Oct 2005, 12:19:27 »
Hi everyone, my name is Rols rois (as you can see at the top), ok well.
me and marcus3 have created a mod called "Real Life", to those who cant remember, it was about getting cars, get a work, a job etc.
about real life,
The MOD DIED! PAINFULLY! IT WAS BLEEDING EVERYWHERE! ok ill stop now..
.so the thing is me and marcus have talked a bit and we decided to Revive this mod.
RAMBM workshop is back on track, we are going to create a new website, etc.
the new mod is in nogova, we use the less addons we can, we try to use a bit.
and we will create our own addons such as gang members, fast food stuff, motel etc.
the new mod will be imporved, i have created a script that whould change it a bit to be more alike GTA or something.
WANTED - now it's a very very very simple script, everytime u commit a crime, every cop in THE town u commited the crime in will be alerted.

now i was pretty stupid cause i've done something wrong.
i created a real life mod that was great on ocean island, it was all ready to go but i felt it had too many addons in it and deleted it... :(
So, our progressing is ok, marcus is working on a part of the island, and im working on the other part.
so ill love to hear ideas from you, here are more details (TO the moderaters: i tought this is the right place for this post, if it isn't, I apolegize and please change it).

Cars:
All the cars that are excited, OFP Race pack cars, In every town there are diffrent cars, there are uniqe cars you can get only if you are filling missions, etc.

Weapons:
you aren't allowed to hang out with weapons next to the cops, if one of them will see you, he will alert the other cops.
weapons aren't easy to find, if you find one tough, so it's easy to get the other ones, BY SHOOTING INNICENT CIVILIENS! MUHAHA (just kidding DONT do it..)

Jobs:
I won't lie, i didn't scripted jobs yet.
but i will make the next jobs:
Undercover agency - Assasinate diffrent targets.
Truck driver - i dunno how to program this one, marcus is way better then me in scripting so he knows how, and some other jobs too.

gangs:
6 or 8 diffrent gangs, every gang has a town of her own, clothes etc.
NOTE: you can get jobs only from part of the gangs, the ones who are resistence, else it will ruin the game.

car dealer: buys cars from you in the half price that you bought it.

ATM : you can withraw and deposit money, if you will be arrested all of your money will be gone.

Police System: like i said before, wanted script, you can get arrested and you will respawn where you start the game.

Fast food; you will be hurt, during the game, many times.
I'm not doing a hungry system cause it will be rather annoying, so if you are hurt you can get a snack from machines, or buy food in the fast food places.

that's kinda it, more ideas will be great
and i apolagize for my bad grammer, my english isn't that good.
Sincerely,
Rols Rois ::)
Rambm Workshop, A New way of playing OFP
http://www.freewebs.com/rambm/
yes its on freewebs! Got a problem?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re:Real Life MOD ISN'T DEAD!
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2005, 13:58:45 »
If you want to contact a specific moderator, do it via IM (Instant Message) and not by posting in some thread that is not even the thread you are posting about...

Although there is a certain connection between this thread and the moved thread there's no reason or point in posting about it in this thread. :)

(TO the moderaters: i tought this is the right place for this post, if it isn't, I apolegize and please change it).
As I'm relatively new to my moderating job I will let this topic stay here because I can't see any better place for it :P
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2005, 14:02:21 »
You are talking about a mod Rols Rois and therefore it has nothing to do with Mission Ideas, so it belongs in here rather than in there.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline RolsRois

• Members
    • Rambm Workshop
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2005, 17:26:36 »
you right guys, sorry, i've connected to the Moderator and apolegized to him, it was my bad.
Ok, so any suggestions for the MOD?
jobs, scripts, missions for the gangs (detailed missions), etc.?

marcus3

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2005, 19:21:26 »
News Flash

yes it is true...the other mod....DIED!!...:cry:  yeah ok.
well rols rois is right we are going to try....no wait let me say that differnt
well rols rois is right we are going to MAKE a mod, about gangs and stuff, kinda like GTA, so input would be great on idea's for mission, things u can do, other stuff etc. and we are going to get some help from Seriel Killer to make some addons for us.
so yeah.
[shadow=red,left,300]Wish Us Luck[/shadow]
Marcus

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2005, 23:02:31 »
Sounds like a cool idea.

Just an idea though that I have actually already put into use in a mission I made (making I should say) where you can talk to people by a dialog menu that comes up via an action and you can type a question into a box in the corner and have them respawn.

I don't know if this is too advanced for you but if you want REAL REAL life you would be able to talk to people I would think.

But maybe thats just me.
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Offline RolsRois

• Members
    • Rambm Workshop
« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2005, 10:44:46 »
Nice idea, tough tow facts:
1. We are making it real, but we don't know yet if it'll be more alike GTA (gangs, nice cars, chicks, etc.) Or Sims (Food system, blah blah blah)
2.I'm defenitly not a dialog maker mate, and we're realesing a BETA first, maybe in the advanced version we'll work on it, the BETA is just to reveal our idea.

dou it's pretty cool idea

Offline RolsRois

• Members
    • Rambm Workshop
« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2005, 10:48:56 »
any more ideas?
Sorry mcguba about the double posting

-=UPDATE=-
I've added A Wanted system, A "CYCLE" Race, and Diffrent Stunts With The Bike.
also, Food Machines And some life in tow of cities (meaning, cars, Civiliens Etc.)
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2005, 21:55:58 by RolsRois »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2005, 20:53:36 »
RolsRois, as a general rule please avoid making consecutive posts in the same thread.     It makes the thread confusing and difficult to read.   If you want to add something to your post that you have forgotten, use the button.    ;)
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2005, 20:55:00 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

marcus3

« Reply #9 on: 07 Nov 2005, 16:45:57 »
well, i have not had contact with rols rois in a while, must be on a trip, but progress is coming!, slowy but surely!