Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How do you find?  (Read 920 times)

Offline Coot

• Members
How do you find?
« on: 05 Oct 2005, 19:50:54 »
Hey there, got another question.  I think i downloaded and placed in my addons folder the new mp-5 pack successfully.  Where do I find these fire arms?  If its in mission editor, where do i go to find them?  Thanks.

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
Re:How do you find?
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2005, 20:02:20 »
You need to know the weapon and magazine class names. Did you read the readme file which came with the addon? Usually class names are listed there. Too bad if it doesn't include a list...

When you know the class names, you can use for example this kind of code to give a unit the new weapon and ammo for it (put your modified version with correct class names to init field of unit, for starters):

Code: [Select]
removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "classNameOfYourWeaponsMagazineHere"; this addMagazine "classNameOfYourWeaponsMagazineHere"; this addMagazine "classNameOfYourWeaponsMagazineHere"; this addMagazine "classNameOfYourWeaponsMagazineHere"; this addWeapon "classNameOfYourWeaponHere"
#Edit:

Usually when you only get a weapon addon (not new units), you can't find it straight from the editor but you have to add it to a unit like in the example code. Unit addons can normally be found somewhere from the class and unit lists in the editor.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2005, 20:09:18 by Baddo »