Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A 'we love ofpec' board  (Read 1575 times)

mccallum1992

A 'we love ofpec' board
« on: 30 Sep 2005, 20:31:26 »
Hi all,
I think, because everyone who is a memeber of ofpec would like 2 give thanks 2 the gang who makes all this wonderful stuff come true, that the site should have a 'we love ofpec' board. If a person who works on ofpec, is a bit down and wants 2 quit, they could have a look at the board and it might make them think again!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:A 'we love ofpec' board
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2005, 21:26:03 »
sounds like an excellent idea for a fan-related website. it's doubtful that we have room for this kind of thing on OFPEC itself however, what with all of our time devoted to answering editing-related questions.

besides which, what if someone asks a question that doesn't get a good enough response? we open an 'OFPEC is poo' board?

we appreciate the sentiment though, really we do :)

« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2005, 10:14:16 by bedges »

mccallum1992

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2005, 21:44:24 »
No, people wouldnt post questions on there, they would just post a nice message for ya to read, u wouldnt really have 2 monitor it that closely!!

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2005, 07:36:42 »
Now that's just silly isn't it.  :D

The 'OFPEC Comments' -board is doing a good job holding all the 'we love you guys' threads, which we all so much like to read. If I'm feeling down and want to reread these threads I don't really have to look deep. All it takes is one quick look on the first page of OFPEC Comments board topics and I find several to cheer me up.

Having a board for threads commenting OFPEC in a positive manner, when we have the OFPEC comments board already, would be more trouble than good I think, and how much of a use would it really have? 1 topic per week? Not that much I think.

So, thanks for the lovely succestion mccallum, but the answer at this time is no. We always do appreciate and welcome succestions though.
Not all is lost.

mccallum1992

« Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2005, 19:55:53 »
Oh well, just a suggestion
 ;)

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 02 Oct 2005, 03:19:58 »
Thanks, mccallum ;)

We always appreciate suggestions, and we do appreciate thank you threads.

However we're quite happy to keep them on the Comments board :)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #6 on: 02 Oct 2005, 07:05:14 »
Yeah I ahve to agree with my comrades here. It's not really a good idea. It's a bit pointless. We know you love us and we're touched. Just the fact that people come back to us is enough. Also, we get thanks at the conclusion of just about every thread in some way.

Novel idea but I don't see it's legs.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."