Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trigger enemy  (Read 955 times)

Mizilus

Trigger enemy
« on: 29 Sep 2005, 10:28:17 »
Another noob question.

Say I have a village/enemy HQ and in it is an officer or a vehicle that needs to be killed/destroyed and I want a few groups of enemy standing over the hill to react to that event and come looking for me and my guys. Just what are the steps and devices I use to make that happen?

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Re:Trigger enemy
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2005, 11:11:54 »
Many ways - here is one:

Give your target a name - say target

create a switch trigger with the following in the activation field:

not (alive target)

Give the hunting group a move waypoint followed by a guard waypoint.  Put the guard waypoint in the village near target.  Synchronsie the Move waypoint with the switch trigger.

Mizilus

« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2005, 11:18:32 »
To synchronize I just drag around the two?

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2005, 11:46:57 »
Click on Synchronise at the top of the screen - I can't remember which F key it is.

Click and hold on the  waypoint (or the trigger) then holding the mouse button down drag across to the other and let go.  You can tell when it is synchronsied beacuse there will be a blue line connecting the trigger to the waypoint.

Mizilus

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2005, 21:19:33 »
Would it still be a guard waypoint if my group kills/destroys the target and then bugs out?

Basically I want the target to be killed and then have the players try to get back to their starting point as the reinforcements hunt for them and try to stop them.

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2005, 23:04:58 »
Yes