Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trains  (Read 2118 times)

Captain Radium

Trains
« on: 26 Sep 2005, 21:25:29 »
Trains would be cool.

It seems they wouldn't be to difficult but I what do I know.

Heck, you could create a whole Island of Sodor with Thomas and his Friends as a total conversion and sell it to little kids.

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
Re:Trains
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2005, 21:38:20 »
Trains have already been released. Search ofp.info's addons. ;)

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2005, 21:55:41 »
Anyone wanna delete this topic, he doesn't sound very serious and doesn't seem like he searched before he posted.

Captain Radium

« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2005, 21:58:45 »
I did a search for trains on the addon section and found no entries

Captain Radium

« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2005, 22:31:07 »
crave22

Thanks. I only recently got this game and hadn't explored that website before.

I appologize if my post seemed flipant but if someone did make a total conversion and sold it to kids they could retire very wealthy.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2005, 22:32:15 »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2005, 22:35:25 »
I appologize if my post seemed flipant but if someone did make a total conversion and sold it to kids they could retire very wealthy.

I think BIS/CodeMasters would have something to say about that as they own the rights to the game and would probably take a dim view of anyone trying to sell a conversion of it.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

mccallum1992

« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2005, 22:46:52 »
@Captain Radium,
This indeed is a very good idea, but i just dont think these islands would be the best. Also the game is unsuitable, it is a 15+ after all! ;D

@Kyle sarnik,
Hey give Captain Radium a break!  :( I dont beleive i've seen him/her post a question before! It's perfectly legitimate  :)   Lets not have negative vibes here, dudes! :toocool:
Any way, to get onto the topic. Mabey a train MOD would be good, you could have mabey little train missions like get arms delivery to base or something. And mabey jokey kinda addons Like, your example, tomas the tank!

Just an idea! ;D

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2005, 00:38:35 »
Actually, I believe an island has been released/ in the works with these trains, so I agree that they are useful.

And I am sorry, I didn't realise you were new, Captain Radium.

:DWelcome to the forums! :D

And Planck is right, it is actually illegal (If I read the Copyright terms correctly. What? I have free time!) to sell mods and addons, unless you're mailing them to people who can't dl large addons (i.e., 56kers). But even then you can only charge for shipping and the CD, not the contents. You may even not be able to charge it at all.

Captain Radium

« Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2005, 03:26:37 »
I was not advocating anything illegal.  To market such and idea would require proper contractual relationships with Bohemia and whoever owns the rights to Thomas.

But, if those rights were ironed out and it was done properly, a Thomas the Tank Engine mod (with ofp tanks, bombs, and guns cut out of course) could sell for $10 at Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, or where ever.  You would have to up the fog, decrease the polygons, and dumb down the interface to make it work on low end machines for little kids and their parents.  Make some cute missions, nice "Toot! Toot!" sound effects and stuff.

Every kid I have met knows who Thomas is. Nobody I know has ever heard of OFP.  I would venture to guess it would make vastly more money than OFP itself.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #10 on: 28 Sep 2005, 00:03:05 »
OK....If your search for trains is over, maybe you could solve this topic.

Otherwise I will need to lock it if it starts getting too far off-topic.   ;D

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #11 on: 29 Sep 2005, 00:31:44 »
has anybody created any other trains, then the AEF ones, that could use the AEF system. Like WW2 steam engine, or a train with a bunch of sandbags and machine guns on top of the cars. Like in the movie "Lawrence Of Araibia"

a soviet troop train and a NATO troop train.

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2005, 20:23:32 by greg147 »
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2005, 21:20:40 »
m'kay, we've established there are train addons. we've established that something made for use by the extended community for flashpoint cannot legally be sold. we've established that in the under 8's world, Thomas the Tank Engine rocks!

end of thread i think ;)

#locked
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2005, 21:21:44 by bedges »