Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Saying Thanks  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Trash Can Man

• Members
  • We are no longer the knights who say "Ni!"
Saying Thanks
« on: 08 Jul 2005, 21:54:26 »
I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to EVERYONE for coming up with:

Missions
Addons
Islands

and everything in between to keep this game as exciting as the first time I played it. You guys are very remarkable in your never-ending talents! Keep up the great work!!

Regards,
{SB}Trash Can Man($)

Bluelikeu

Re:Saying Thanks
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2005, 22:33:02 »
On the behalf of everyone....
Thank You.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jul 2005, 08:37:18 »
yep you guys have kept ofp alive without addons and missions this game would of died out long ago

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jul 2005, 09:40:42 »
I think the communities custom missions, addons and maps are what seperate OFP from any other game anyway, so yeah, thanks to all.  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2005, 06:25:53 »
The biggest thanks should go to OFPEC! It's okay making these addons and missions. But they're worthless without a popular place to store them. Thank you OFPEC :)!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2005, 09:11:54 »
too right without ofpec the missions wouldnt be as good as they are i can definately say if i didnt know about ofpec i would still be strugling having men get in choppers lol
Thank you ofpec

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2005, 12:09:17 »
Thanks for the continued support guys.

OFPEC would be nothing without the community it helps support, and it's a good feeling to be a part of it all. It's all the contributors and especially our patrons who deserve the biggest thanks :)

Offline Hauk

• Members
  • I sail under the Jolly Roger!! Pirates are kings!!
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2005, 01:21:07 »
Hooray for OFPEC!  :cheers:

Hip hip horray! hip hip horrray! hip hip horray!

Hauk

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
« Reply #8 on: 19 Jul 2005, 04:17:23 »
I'd agree this is the best site for OFP material and information. I've played this game forever, and keep coming back to it. After just burning out on Battlefield 2 I came back to OFP for like the 40th time, this site is like hooking up with an old friend. The in-game mission editor itself has kept the game on my hard drive and OFPEC on my links.

Great work gents.
Ranger, out.

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jul 2005, 12:18:24 »
Lol. I can relate to you in that aspect Ranger ;D.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #10 on: 20 Jul 2005, 05:53:12 »
Hopefully not sounding cheesy folks, your comments are appreciated.

What I'm going to write is off topic so please dont reply to it directly.

I've played this game forever, and keep coming back to it. After just burning out on Battlefield 2

If any of you feel like messaging me privately with your thoughts on these differences, please do so. No flames of passion please, just reasons why you keep hitting the Flashpoint button. I will not be replying to you individually, but will collate the response. We all have our reasons why. some of them mystical, but some of them will help keep us focussed as a great editing resource into ofp2/armed assault.

Just say no to bugz

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #11 on: 10 Aug 2005, 22:04:51 »
I think the communities custom missions, addons and maps are what seperate OFP from any other game anyway, so yeah, thanks to all.  ;)

Yeah... I havenÂ't experienced anything like this since the golden age of paper back RPGÂ's... Dungeons & Dragons, Runequest, Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia, Twillight 2000, Traveller, Warhammer FRP, WHFB 2nd and 3rd ed...

A real wave of 1980Â's nostalgia just hit me. I love this site. Thanks!
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

bored_onion

« Reply #12 on: 16 Aug 2005, 22:21:22 »
Just a note to thank all the guys who are taking up various posts in OFPEC at the moment. It's so impressive to see that there is so much fresh talent and commitment coming to OFPEC this long after it began ready to keep this place great. Us mere mortals (editors) have respect for the time you guys put in in the face of RL situations. Keep up the great work.

Offline Trash Can Man

• Members
  • We are no longer the knights who say "Ni!"
« Reply #13 on: 21 Sep 2005, 20:26:16 »
Hopefully not sounding cheesy folks, your comments are appreciated.

What I'm going to write is off topic so please dont reply to it directly.If any of you feel like messaging me privately with your thoughts on these differences, please do so. No flames of passion please, just reasons why you keep hitting the Flashpoint button. I will not be replying to you individually, but will collate the response. We all have our reasons why. some of them mystical, but some of them will help keep us focussed as a great editing resource into ofp2/armed assault.

The problem I see with BF2 and MOHAA for that matter is the constant repetitive motion. It's the same bloody thing over and over again. I'm not robotic!!  I love OFP for the variety alone! There is so many talented mission makers, addon creators out there that I find no reason to play those other boring games! Don't get me wrong. I still make maps for MOHAA. I love to do that part, but playing maps like omaha over and over just got old to me!
Finally, with the New version of OFP due out soon, the game will never die!!!!

Regaqrds,
Trash Can Man

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #14 on: 22 Sep 2005, 00:07:36 »
Finally, with the New version of OFP due out soon, the game will never die!!!!

Yes.  ;D
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08