Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP vs FFUR  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Gadjuka

• Members
  • Programmer
    • Operation Flashpoint: Commander
ECP vs FFUR
« on: 16 Sep 2005, 10:44:06 »
Of what I can see these two mods (ECP & FFUR) seems to do pretty much the same thing (correct me if I'm wrong). Which one is to prefer and why?
Currently working on Operation Flashpoint: Commander.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:ECP vs FFUR
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2005, 14:02:01 »
In my opinion... ECP, because it works very well. FFUR doesn't, work in my experience (its laggy,  with CTD's, and original BIS files is sometimes overwritten by FFUR ones, etc, etc). But FFUR is also a Unit Replacement pack. That means that the original models are replaced with user made soldiers/vehicles/choppers/etc. ECP doesn't have this feature. It concentrates on the effects, the behaviour of the AI, and the invisible game functions behind the scenes.  From my point of view ECP is professional stuff. FFUR is eye candy thrown together without much thought.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2005, 14:04:53 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2005, 17:48:42 »
I have both on my computer, and I tend to use ECP for mission editing, and FFUR for mission playing.
However, an ECP config change has been released here that replaces the basic soldiers on east and west.
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8923
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2005, 18:57:47 »
well im guessing you mean EECP since ECP does not replace all BIS units whilst FFUR does
i prefer FFUR but i prefer ECP effects a bit more

In my opinion... ECP, because it works very well. FFUR doesn't, work in my experience (its laggy,  with CTD's, and original BIS files is sometimes overwritten by FFUR ones, etc, etc).

sure your opinion but ive got to correct that now since the new versions are out well almost and these include Winter packs, Desert, Woodland, 2005 packs and of course the suprise packs wich im pretty sure is UK forces agains Iraq forces but thats a guess

anyway with all those new packs it has been confirmed that with a 2.2Ghz i think it was you can blow up 30 tanks at one time right near them and still be able to play satisfactory so lag has been fixed
and with these versions it has been said many times that all CTD errors have been fixed and thats tru since i used to get lag and CTD's with the beta version but with the latest woodland pack that they released no lag and no CTD's so i would beleive that all CTD's have been fixed

and with overwriting BIS files ive never noticed that

but anyway my opinion FFUR
when all FFUR releases are out play them and then see which you prefer

Offline El Fisho

• Members
  • u are expecting somthing about lamas aint ya
« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2005, 23:02:04 »
I havn't got ECP or FFUR yet  >:(

stupid low download limit, but I am getting FFUR when they release the 5.0 version

I have however played both, it all depends on wether you like visuals or gameplay better

« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2005, 23:03:10 by El Fisho »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2005, 00:23:24 »
FFUR and ECP are different things..
ECP = mainly effect pack
FFUR = unit replacement

The new FFUR has lots of bugs removed btw, not had any crashes with it, btw :)
- Ben

GAZNZ

« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2005, 04:13:28 »
EECP replaces stock BIS units with all the best new mods and uses ECP effects.
Its due out soon.
EECP version 0.41 has been around for a long time and was used with the original ECP pack
The developer has been hard at work preparing it for release the last few months for the new ECP version.
I recommed EECP but thats my personal preferance.

Thread here for EECP

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=735dccd548a9efcc18d25a7983dde45d;act=ST;f=4;t=38262;st=0

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2005, 09:41:28 »
im bound to get EECP as well due to it will have the AI speaking and talking wich i love but if i found a way  to get that in FFUR illd still keep FFUR and get rid of EECP but still keep ECP since ECP is great for mission editing

El Fisho download DAP download manager plus its great you can pause downloads and resume them later on the next day when you have a bigger download speed also download up to 500% faster apparantaly

CameronMcDonald

« Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2005, 08:20:26 »
FFUR for playing campaigns. ECP for anything else (making, modding, etc). That's all there is to it.

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #9 on: 24 Sep 2005, 16:45:36 »
ECP for me. Too many addons involved with the others. Trying to save space on my computer.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #10 on: 24 Sep 2005, 21:04:24 »
well. if you have grown tired of seeing the same units every time, then new effects just arent good enough.

thats why i prefer ffur, and there bullet tracers are good.

only thing is, it crashs sometimes for me.
but no big deal.

only thing i resent is their talking scripts, they are horrible, the ecp ones are much much better.

so i guess I prefer FFUR. but i wish they would fix alot of the bugs.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: 24 Sep 2005, 21:17:06 »
Penguinman FFUR's bugs are being fixed for the new packs coming out very soon within the week
No more CTD's and the AI talking is taken out
And the new FFUR packs will contain

Woodland 1985
Winter 1985
Desert 1985
Woodland 2005
Suprise pack

dont ask whats in the suprise pack no one knows but its a suprise so no one should know