Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon distrupting view - Things behind it flicker or disaperars  (Read 1108 times)

brsseb

Hi

Made a helicopter, almost done , It has Geo and Fire LODs. But when I look at my heli sitting there on the ground, things like stones, threes and stuff in the background seems to flicker when my model is in front of it. What seems to be the cause of this?

brsseb
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2002, 01:10:37 by brsseb »

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
Is it part of the heli that are flickering rather than the objects behind? If you're using paa textures then the order in which they are placed can affect how they are dispalyed. Try cut and paste to refresh the placement order.

SelectThis

brsseb

Its not the model itself that are flickering, its things behind it. Let say my helo sits on the ground and I (a soldier unit, maybe) is standing a few feet away, it seems that its ruining the background, threes, stones,other units seem to flicker in the background when I look at the heli.

The textures on my model dont flicker at all and the heli behaves normally when using it (although its possible for another soldier, when the heli has a pilot inside, to play some volleyball with it by bumping in it and the result of it bounching away. Really anaoying in multiplayer when a co-player tries to enter the passenger seat! But I  dont think that is the source of my flickering problem, is it??)

Have seen a similar problem in addons, some of mars911 ww2 units had this problem when looking trough the windows of the cars. Very flickering and annoying. Units iutside flicker, disaperared and reaperads. Like a 3d card driver gode mad (and I have no 3d card driver problems!). Especially those 3 Medic Willys jeeps, made me not use them anymore.

help, please

brsseb

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
What LODs do you have?
If only 1 resolution lod then make a copy of the first one as a filler.
Fire geo, geo, land contact, memory and the views are what you should also have.

STT

brsseb

I have one "0.000" (normal model res, making the view distance scalings later), Geo (simple boxes, mostly, Fire (a bit more advanded than geo) and View Pilot (only things visible from cockpit, aka no tail or skids in this LOD) and View Cargo (same as View Pilot).