Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How do I..  (Read 1133 times)

Troll

How do I..
« on: 09 Sep 2005, 04:41:38 »
I was just wondering how do you use the tank rider script that RHS uses? Cause I cant figure it out do you have to put a command in the init line or what?

Cheers

- Troll

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:How do I..
« Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2005, 10:21:58 »
some more information is needed before we can help.

when you say RHS i take it you mean red hammer studios? is this for an addon you've downloaded? do you know what the script is supposed to do? is it small enough to post here?

UNN

« Reply #2 on: 09 Sep 2005, 12:58:04 »
Do they use a script?

Or do they have cargo positions on the back of the tank. If they do, then something like this should work in each soldiers init:

Code: [Select]
This MoveInCargo Tank01

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #3 on: 09 Sep 2005, 22:46:10 »
Do they use a script?

Or do they have cargo positions on the back of the tank. If they do, then something like this should work in each soldiers init:

This MoveInCargo Tank01

Yes its not a script, its actualy cargo positions, kind of like getting in the back of a 5t truck. It simply makes more sense to do it that way, and its also easier and works a lot better then using some sort of setpos/switchmove script. The only problem, however, it can't be done for all tanks, only ones that have special models and configs to allow for it.

Troll

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2005, 02:17:22 »
Yeah I think that is it, makes the infantry sit on the tank. So this is the cargo postion thing I put in the units init line?

This MoveInCargo Tank01

If it is that will be cool, will add a bit of eye candy so to speak for my Chechnya mission.

- Troll

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2005, 03:28:11 »
Yeah I think that is it, makes the infantry sit on the tank. So this is the cargo postion thing I put in the units init line?If it is that will be cool, will add a bit of eye candy so to speak for my Chechnya mission.

- Troll

Yes, and the tank has scripts to automaticaly eject the units off of the tank if the crew turns in, so make sure you put this in the tanks init field:

this setbehaviour "SAFE"

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2005, 03:42:13 »
If you want to have units sitting on tanks try this script. I havn't used it I just remembered seeing it in the ed depot.

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=729
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2005, 03:54:18 »
If you want to have units sitting on tanks try this script. I havn't used it I just remembered seeing it in the ed depot.

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=729

Like I previously stated, scripting such a feature is hardley as good looking and working as simply making cargo spaces, it just makes more sense. Thats why I like when mods and addon makers put cargo spaces on their tanks because its something that has to be edited in the model and config and is easier to remove from a tank then in the editor than it is to try and add the effect to a tank.
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2005, 05:25:51 by Kyle Sarnik »

Troll

« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2005, 05:08:26 »
Yeah I would have to agree with Kyle, why use a script if the addon maker has included cargo spots on his tank. But thanks for the link anyway Architect.