Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sliding Plane Crash  (Read 13272 times)

Offline trinec

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Sliding Plane Crash
« Reply #45 on: 18 Sep 2005, 04:02:53 »
yep i put that in one of my previous comments in this forum with no pilot the plane crashes straight down and no slideing as you see ive really been testing this alot hehe I think its a really good idea the most i could get it to do was to have the pilot eject after the plane is stopped and if he was randomly chosen to be alive I wasnt sure how to have him eject with out calling the old eject script from your script im no scripting  guru but i can figure out some stuff

trinec

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #46 on: 18 Sep 2005, 05:29:47 »
ok, thanks to help from fragorl, i figured out that i could create a dummy pilot to control the plane as it crashes, the only problem is deletevehicle and setpos don't seem to be working on him... so i can't get him out of the plane...

AT TOP POST

what i have so far:
*the basic crash, descent/sliding works
*optional ejecting
*optional killing of player

what i need to add:
*need to get the dummy pilot out...
*keep important people alive (parameter)
*ejector seats?
*extra eye candy?

what do you think?
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2005, 05:34:58 by Triggerhappy »

Offline trinec

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #47 on: 18 Sep 2005, 07:25:02 »
Hey ya need to change this line

?(getpos _plane select 2) < 6:_fakepilot setpos [0,0,0]; deletevehicle _fakePilot

to this    

?(getpos _plane select 2) < 6:fakepilot setpos [0,0,0]; deletevehicle fakePilot

I didnt see fakepilot being created as an variable _fakepilot   its created as a unit with the name fakepilot

"SoldierWB" createUnit [[0,0,0], group _pilot, "fakepilot = this", 1, "corporal"]    is the line that creates the fake pilot thats in your script

if you do any more eye candy it doesnt need to be any more explosions I think that looks good enough other then the way the plane looks when it ends up sitting there like it landed but guess we cant have everything hehe.   What about having a burning engine in the air before it crashes to simulate engine problems or something like that a reason for the plane to crash etc.  The pilot is already ejecting so unless you make your own ejector seat model or use someone elses  then not much more you can do with the ejecting.   Keep important people alive?  
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2005, 07:30:07 by trinec »

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #48 on: 18 Sep 2005, 08:15:49 »
It's looking good man. Very good.  ;D
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
« Reply #49 on: 18 Sep 2005, 10:16:22 »
woops, that was my mistake. I accidentally put a _ in deletevehicle _fakePilot. Well spotted trinec!

Trigg, I also recommend you change the name FakePilot to something like TRIG_fakePilot (or whatever your tag is), to prevent conflicts/adhere with ofpec policies ;D.

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #50 on: 18 Sep 2005, 20:57:32 »
Newest version(0.97) @ top post:

fixed the dummy pilot problem (and it should work with multiple planes)

Offline trinec

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: 18 Sep 2005, 23:17:57 »
ok Ive not figured out were for sure but i believe in the #slide section after the plane is crashed something is keeping the plane in a hover position above the ground its hard to tell on the standard bis plane due to the wheels being down but on other aircraft its noticeable because the wheels go back up after the crash .   So if its figured out why its in that hovering mode which i think is a setpos command in the script somewhere and get that fixed i think then we could have it setpos into the ground to look more like a crash.

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #52 on: 18 Sep 2005, 23:23:49 »
right now the height is .3 m..but i can try setting them lower...

Offline trinec

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #53 on: 19 Sep 2005, 00:38:27 »
I should have put an entry in here also to keep track of whats going on anyways I think when the plane is finally stopped and the explosions have gone on the plane seems to be stuck above the ground when using diseal's a10 the plane after sliding and crashed the wheels go up but the plane hovers over the ground like its setpos in place.  If the plane when it finished was laying on its belly it would look more realistic.  Its harder to tell with the bis plane cuz the wheels are always down.  

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #54 on: 19 Sep 2005, 01:14:51 »
oh, at the end i actually setpos'd it 2 meters underground, yet it still floats over the ground

Edit: i tried lower and it decided to shoot up five meters into the air after dropping to its belly, i don't think there's anything to be done
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2005, 03:42:33 by Triggerhappy »

Offline trinec

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: 19 Sep 2005, 03:42:25 »
ya i think its something in the #slide section i think something related to the .3m part but not sure how or its were the setposing -2 is at in the script not sure.   Need one of those scripting gurus to help us hehe

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #56 on: 19 Sep 2005, 03:43:21 »
i know exactly where it all is, and its just a model problem im afraid

Offline trinec

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #57 on: 19 Sep 2005, 05:36:07 »
ah ok  did you see that the bis a10 plane is now wheels up i thought that was a crashed model imposability hmm

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #58 on: 19 Sep 2005, 17:08:50 »
My bad, I thought it was. I'll check to see if the script works in my mission tonight. It looks as if it would work as it is.

I would comment on the floating crashed model but after my last performance I won't.  :-[
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Homefry31464

« Reply #59 on: 20 Sep 2005, 03:40:31 »
Truthfully... I wouldn't worry to much about how the plane looks afterwards.  We all know how OFP handles plane crashes... and we know it is nearly impossible to fix that.  So worrying about a minor issue that doesn't effect anything than looks doesn't seem like to big of a deal to me...