Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sliding Plane Crash  (Read 13279 times)

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
Sliding Plane Crash
« on: 06 Sep 2005, 00:45:49 »
does what it says. when the planes health goes down to .4 or below, it will fall to the ground and then slide accross the ground for a bit
to call the script:
Code: [Select]
[this,[safe position on the map]] exec "planecrash.sqs"in the planes init field

i have to admit it causes a bit of lag(from the explosions), and i need to clean it up a little, but, its a beta, so tell me what you think!

(sample "mission" included)

just uploaded to the editors depot
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2006, 16:03:11 by Triggerhappy »

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
Re:Sliding Plane Crash
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2005, 04:11:33 »
Looks pretty good! Since I've got nothing to do I'll test it.
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2005, 05:41:29 »
hey, wassent that somthing i told you a while ago to do?

nm, just glad its here ;D

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2005, 00:58:51 »
hehe, yes it is actually, i finally pulled it back out a hacked it into shape  ;D

EDIT:
New version:
made the slide longer, decreased lag significantly
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2005, 22:00:29 by Triggerhappy »

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2005, 02:59:42 »
Hey TriggerHappy~
Great script, not as much lag anymore. It's not view screen is not slow anymore when the plane hits. The one problem I noticed was that once the plane hits and blows up, the pilot still happens to be alive in my game/pc. He just stands there after the plane blows up. Thanks...You may post it on our site under Downloads, maybe under downloads, create a new link, saying "scripting" or something, be creative...
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 07 Sep 2005, 04:18:45 »
it randomly decides who lives/dies/ takes dammage/how much and that is weighted based on the seriousness of the crash

I'm not very sure of how realistic the weighting is but it seemed good to me

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #6 on: 07 Sep 2005, 06:20:50 »
If yopu think he should die then kill him either in the script or in your own. It's not hard.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #7 on: 07 Sep 2005, 06:48:51 »
I think the plane goes down too fast when it crashes. Try removing the fuel and readding it when its 1 meter above ground.
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage

klavan

« Reply #8 on: 07 Sep 2005, 13:51:09 »
If the pilot has to live you can eject him before the plane goes down.
There are some nice ejecting scripts in the depot, if I'm not wrong.

However, nice script!
Klavan

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 07 Sep 2005, 21:57:53 »
everyone in the plane is set away from the action by the script, and then placed back in at the end, so that some may live or just take dammage or die, which is all done manually

@ofpfreak
the plane falling has nothing to do with fuel, its all done with set velocity, but what do you mean too fast? do you think it should come down at a shallower angle? that would be easy enough to do, but i'll wait and see what everyone else thinks

what do you guys think of a little extra eye candy? perhaps randomly turn the the plane slighty to one side as it slides? or any other ideas?

*LATEST VERSION AT TOP POST*
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2005, 22:01:38 by Triggerhappy »

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #10 on: 08 Sep 2005, 00:45:56 »
I have to agree that it comes down too fast also.
It looks un-natural. Plus you should script the pilot to act like it would normally. What I mean is, have the pilot bail out if his plane reaches the required amount of damage. However if the plane is hit by a SAM which normally kills the pilot, leave his ass in the doomed jet.

I want to use the script in my new mission but one of the side quests is to rescue the downed pilot. At the moment your script isn't plug and play enough for me to use because of what I just said.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: 08 Sep 2005, 00:50:05 »
well, it looks good but, it does look a little unatural,

is there any way for you to make it detect the angle the plane hits the ground at, like if the players driving, because at that angle that the plane hit in yours i thing it would just explode. also any way to leave the pilot inside the plane, after it crashes?

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #12 on: 08 Sep 2005, 01:01:07 »
alright i will fix the falling
how about for keeping people alive i add a 3rd optional parameter that allows you to tell the script which units to keep undamaged, and i will also add an editable boolean inside the script to keep the units in the plane or bail them out after it crashes, as far as ejecting in the air, what do you think would be a good height for them to be able to do that when they get shot?
like if they start going down as low as they are in the example mission, i doubt there would be time to eject...but if they were flying higher there would be time to bail out before crashing

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #13 on: 08 Sep 2005, 01:13:17 »
1st off, with an ejection seat, like in modern jets, your plane can be on the ground when you eject and youl be fine.

also, it kind of looks like the plane is being dragged along the ground. would it be possible to make the slidding a little more natural?

thanks

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #14 on: 08 Sep 2005, 01:27:56 »
could you explain what you want more about the sliding part? i'm not sure what you want me to do to it....

and for the ejection, thats not how the original bis planes work, so most important to me is making it work with the originals....
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2005, 01:29:12 by Triggerhappy »