Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: can someone recommend a weapon pack?  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:can someone recommend a weapon pack?
« Reply #15 on: 09 Sep 2005, 04:10:49 »
Jackal326,

Kyle has not in any way mentioned you or anything you have said in his post.

Your comments are out of line, if anyone is 'flame-baiting' it is you.
Your comments are also off-topic.

Please keep discussion in this thread.....on-topic.

This is just a gentle nudge, do it again and you might earn a warning.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #16 on: 09 Sep 2005, 04:36:38 »
IMHO, SJB's pack isn't that great (although it still kicks ass!). Use ORCS' pack for eastern weapons, full stop. RHS' pack is good, but their models are not as finished as ORCS.
C"G"McD.

-EDIT- Cancel that - M16s are the right size! But does the M16A4 come with that laser/torch attachment as standard? - I want to use these in a 2010 campaign, but...

Do the ORCS weapons support JAM? I don't think they do, well at least the version I have. And personally, I see no difference between the quality of the models (not that it even matters that much to me), but the RHS ones are very nicely coded, and you get more variety.

CameronMcDonald

« Reply #17 on: 09 Sep 2005, 05:38:49 »
JAM has no relevance, since I config hack every addon I have to use the same weapons, and my gaming compy isn't linked up to the net (thank god). What kind of "realistic mission" has 3 types of M16 model being carried? I figure that if each side is using weapons from one pack (or two, max) each, then JAM is not necessary.

As for the eastern weapons, I find the RHS AK weapons orange garish, and the metal is too dark. ORCS' pack has finer detail, a moving action, plus an animation pack to go with them. I use RHS' infantry, but I've reconfig'ed them to use ORC weapons (which are reconfiged themselves to be realistically inaccurate, and use RHS sounds). Cannot go wrong.

I'm a bit of a realist - ORCS weapons look (and now shoot) in the most realistic manner, therefore I'm a stickler for them. On the other hand, RHS has the best infantry/Spetznatz/SOBR, and unique weapons like the V-20something .5in sniper rifle are definitely good. But I think that ORCS' AKs are world-dominational.

C"G"McD.
PS. Everyone who doesn't play multiplayer should learn config hacking. Every western vehicle I have has "NFOR" somewhere on it, and all eastern ones have the Russian Federation flag replacing the star.

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #18 on: 09 Sep 2005, 20:45:21 »
JAM has no relevance, since I config hack every addon I have to use the same weapons, and my gaming compy isn't linked up to the net (thank god). What kind of "realistic mission" has 3 types of M16 model being carried? I figure that if each side is using weapons from one pack (or two, max) each, then JAM is not necessary.

As for the eastern weapons, I find the RHS AK weapons orange garish, and the metal is too dark. ORCS' pack has finer detail, a moving action, plus an animation pack to go with them. I use RHS' infantry, but I've reconfig'ed them to use ORC weapons (which are reconfiged themselves to be realistically inaccurate, and use RHS sounds). Cannot go wrong.

I'm a bit of a realist - ORCS weapons look (and now shoot) in the most realistic manner, therefore I'm a stickler for them. On the other hand, RHS has the best infantry/Spetznatz/SOBR, and unique weapons like the V-20something .5in sniper rifle are definitely good. But I think that ORCS' AKs are world-dominational.

C"G"McD.
PS. Everyone who doesn't play multiplayer should learn config hacking. Every western vehicle I have has "NFOR" somewhere on it, and all eastern ones have the Russian Federation flag replacing the star.

Im not saying thats bad, but the person who started the thread most likely doesn't do that, so you're modifications do not apply because they aren't standard. Therefore, without modifying anyone elses work, I believe that the RHS weapon pack is the best choice for east weapons.

CameronMcDonald

« Reply #19 on: 10 Sep 2005, 02:29:55 »
Ah, I see. Yeah, I'd have to go with you there. Plus FFUR and most mods don't use ORCS' weapons. To each their own, I suppose.

So RHS it is for eastern weapons (for anyone else except me, of course  ;D)!
C"G"McD.