Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: can someone recommend a weapon pack?  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
can someone recommend a weapon pack?
« on: 19 Aug 2005, 01:24:33 »
I'm looking for a weapon pack that has most of the modern weapons used: weapons for US and Russian,   or maybe just the US weapons. Any suggetsions?

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
Re:can someone recommend a weapon pack?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2005, 02:34:12 »
Well, there is SJB's weapon pack, but I wouldn't recommend that to 56kers :P. However, if you have DSL or cable (or you're willing to sit for a while...) I would recommend it. It has mostly western weapons, but the models are great and the sounds are excellent. The thread is here. Other than that, I'd say go to ofp.info or even google.

Now go shoot some stuff. :gunman:

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2005, 04:57:47 »
Woohoo!!  (Homer style)

Stinky Nut Rappa

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2005, 12:50:17 »
the east mercenary army has vipersheart mp5 pack in it but i dont know where you can get it from on its own, heres the link to ema anyways
http://www.ofpec.com/addons_depot/index.php?ID=223
and like crave22 said, check out ofp.info, there's loads of weapons there, not necessarily in packs but really good for 56k

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2005, 19:11:49 »
well i checked out that other 47mb mod, the only thing is, it has just too many to chose from, and if thats the one I am thinking cause I tried so many packs out there, the M249 is wrong, they have an M60 for it. I was  hoping to find a pack that didnt have too many variants, like too many as in saying, 10 types of M4's 7 types of SAW's and M60's,  AK47 's with laser sights or etc. Maybe a pack that has at least 3 to 4 variats of each.

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2005, 23:15:45 »
i recommend it for 56k people
its well worth it ;)

Offline Jackal326

• Former Staff
  • SJB Addons
    • SJB Addons
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2005, 01:31:52 »
...it has just too many to chose from...

Amazing! Someone complaining about choice, there's a first!

...the M249 is wrong, they have an M60 for it...

Somehow I think you're wrong there mate.
"...if someone did that to me, I'd smash their head in, I'd stab them, shoot 'em and push 'em off a roof!" - Dutch Wagenbach

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2005, 06:55:13 »
Hmm, maybe I got that one mixed with another one, let me check again. I've tried out so many that I've lost track of them all.  :-\

Offline Fudge

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: 21 Aug 2005, 11:47:48 »
The US forces today, uses the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon, as their light machine gun. As their Medium machine gun, they use the M240B (The United States Marine Corps uses the M240G). The M60 went out during the early nineties.

The reason why you're having a hard time choosing weapons, is because you don't know what they're really armed with. Do a Wikipedia search on the US Army or USMC. You'll find list of weapons and equipment there. (Generally speaking, Wikipedia is divine)

The URL is http://www.wikipedia.org

Fudge

Offline twisted

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: 31 Aug 2005, 06:40:17 »
the sjb weapon pack is one of the best i have tried. the weapons are damn great. they really feel right.

the only downfalls to it are 1) the recoil on full auto always returns to dead centre (which is more of an ofp built in weakness)
2) very american centric pack. no ak101 or other more modern eastern variants, also no g3, fn-fal,etc. thats sorta ok. RHS has a great weapons pack with just eastern style arms. just would like someone to do g3/ fn-fal/ fn-fnc/etc  range to same quality. Laser also has an amazing selection.

iin the bistudio forums i think the author said he'll be making a JAM config. which will be great from combining different weapons in a mission.

« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2005, 07:14:23 by twisted »

CameronMcDonald

« Reply #10 on: 03 Sep 2005, 07:20:25 »
IMHO, SJB's pack isn't that great (although it still kicks ass!). Use ORCS' pack for eastern weapons, full stop. RHS' pack is good, but their models are not as finished as ORCS.
C"G"McD.

-EDIT- Cancel that - M16s are the right size! But does the M16A4 come with that laser/torch attachment as standard? - I want to use these in a 2010 campaign, but...
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2005, 09:30:40 by CameronMcDonald »

cornhelium

« Reply #11 on: 05 Sep 2005, 20:51:35 »
You can't go wrong with SJB's pack IMO. Looking forward to his SEALS too.

Inquisitor's high-detail weapons pack is still great too. You can even d/l a config that just replaces the default weapons with Inq's, which is great if your computer won't run the big config mods like EEC, Y2K3 etc.

Cheers,
CH

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #12 on: 08 Sep 2005, 04:35:15 »
You can't go wrong with SJB's pack IMO. Looking forward to his SEALS too.

Inquisitor's high-detail weapons pack is still great too. You can even d/l a config that just replaces the default weapons with Inq's, which is great if your computer won't run the big config mods like EEC, Y2K3 etc.

Cheers,
CH

Yuk! I won't touch SJB's pack, I think too many people are being fooled by fancy models and textures, the properties of his weapons are all off and their is a lack of weapons with compatable magazines. If you want good, proper US military weapons, I suggest LSR's US weapon pack, which are very well done and also JAM compliant (as all weapons SHOULD BE), and for russian weapons, RHS has good ones, and they too have their own config'd mags that are also great but still have that JAM compatability which is so important.

Offline Jackal326

• Former Staff
  • SJB Addons
    • SJB Addons
« Reply #13 on: 08 Sep 2005, 23:27:57 »
For your information Kyle, v1.1 of the Weapons Pack will be JAM compliant, and the ballistics of most weapons will be tweaked and fixed. Also, whats the with the persistant "post after Jackal326 and try to pick a fight" attitude. This is about the 4th or 5th post, (including other forums including the official boards etc) where you've attempted to pick a fight (i.e. flame-baited) me into responding. Is it because you're queer and have taken offense to my sexy signature/avatar? Or do you just have a really shit attitude towards life? If its the latter, I advise taking a long walk off of an unfinished bridge.
"...if someone did that to me, I'd smash their head in, I'd stab them, shoot 'em and push 'em off a roof!" - Dutch Wagenbach

CameronMcDonald

« Reply #14 on: 09 Sep 2005, 02:24:37 »
Ladies, gentlemen, please! You want to fight, do it at @war or something, eh? That said, shouldn't a moderator be saying this?

Anyway, I've just finished a major config tweaking of SJB's pack, and I'd have to say its the best US weapon pack I've seen. Laser runs a close second, and if he makes a pack with the kind of textures seen on his helo pilots' weapons... well, who can say what will happen?

Laser has better shotguns, MGs and AT weapons, but SJB is the man for everything else, rifles, pistols, sniper rifles, etc etc ad infinitum. Such a small thing is not to be brawled about.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #15 on: 09 Sep 2005, 04:10:49 »
Jackal326,

Kyle has not in any way mentioned you or anything you have said in his post.

Your comments are out of line, if anyone is 'flame-baiting' it is you.
Your comments are also off-topic.

Please keep discussion in this thread.....on-topic.

This is just a gentle nudge, do it again and you might earn a warning.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #16 on: 09 Sep 2005, 04:36:38 »
IMHO, SJB's pack isn't that great (although it still kicks ass!). Use ORCS' pack for eastern weapons, full stop. RHS' pack is good, but their models are not as finished as ORCS.
C"G"McD.

-EDIT- Cancel that - M16s are the right size! But does the M16A4 come with that laser/torch attachment as standard? - I want to use these in a 2010 campaign, but...

Do the ORCS weapons support JAM? I don't think they do, well at least the version I have. And personally, I see no difference between the quality of the models (not that it even matters that much to me), but the RHS ones are very nicely coded, and you get more variety.

CameronMcDonald

« Reply #17 on: 09 Sep 2005, 05:38:49 »
JAM has no relevance, since I config hack every addon I have to use the same weapons, and my gaming compy isn't linked up to the net (thank god). What kind of "realistic mission" has 3 types of M16 model being carried? I figure that if each side is using weapons from one pack (or two, max) each, then JAM is not necessary.

As for the eastern weapons, I find the RHS AK weapons orange garish, and the metal is too dark. ORCS' pack has finer detail, a moving action, plus an animation pack to go with them. I use RHS' infantry, but I've reconfig'ed them to use ORC weapons (which are reconfiged themselves to be realistically inaccurate, and use RHS sounds). Cannot go wrong.

I'm a bit of a realist - ORCS weapons look (and now shoot) in the most realistic manner, therefore I'm a stickler for them. On the other hand, RHS has the best infantry/Spetznatz/SOBR, and unique weapons like the V-20something .5in sniper rifle are definitely good. But I think that ORCS' AKs are world-dominational.

C"G"McD.
PS. Everyone who doesn't play multiplayer should learn config hacking. Every western vehicle I have has "NFOR" somewhere on it, and all eastern ones have the Russian Federation flag replacing the star.

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #18 on: 09 Sep 2005, 20:45:21 »
JAM has no relevance, since I config hack every addon I have to use the same weapons, and my gaming compy isn't linked up to the net (thank god). What kind of "realistic mission" has 3 types of M16 model being carried? I figure that if each side is using weapons from one pack (or two, max) each, then JAM is not necessary.

As for the eastern weapons, I find the RHS AK weapons orange garish, and the metal is too dark. ORCS' pack has finer detail, a moving action, plus an animation pack to go with them. I use RHS' infantry, but I've reconfig'ed them to use ORC weapons (which are reconfiged themselves to be realistically inaccurate, and use RHS sounds). Cannot go wrong.

I'm a bit of a realist - ORCS weapons look (and now shoot) in the most realistic manner, therefore I'm a stickler for them. On the other hand, RHS has the best infantry/Spetznatz/SOBR, and unique weapons like the V-20something .5in sniper rifle are definitely good. But I think that ORCS' AKs are world-dominational.

C"G"McD.
PS. Everyone who doesn't play multiplayer should learn config hacking. Every western vehicle I have has "NFOR" somewhere on it, and all eastern ones have the Russian Federation flag replacing the star.

Im not saying thats bad, but the person who started the thread most likely doesn't do that, so you're modifications do not apply because they aren't standard. Therefore, without modifying anyone elses work, I believe that the RHS weapon pack is the best choice for east weapons.

CameronMcDonald

« Reply #19 on: 10 Sep 2005, 02:29:55 »
Ah, I see. Yeah, I'd have to go with you there. Plus FFUR and most mods don't use ORCS' weapons. To each their own, I suppose.

So RHS it is for eastern weapons (for anyone else except me, of course  ;D)!
C"G"McD.