Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: unable to update  (Read 1489 times)

Offline cj525

• Members
unable to update
« on: 22 Jan 2006, 02:21:34 »
okay here is a wierd problem I've encountered, the only way I can fix it is to reinstall ofp.

Basically when making config.cpp or model changes to a pbo (including texture changes). I remove the old pbo and place the new pbo in the appropriate addons dir.

However the changes to the unit/units do not take place? the only way around it is to rename the unit  or make a new class for the unit.

So basically even though the original pbo has been completely deleted and replaced with a new one OFP keeps the old one? Now this only happens on one of my comps. Any ideas?

Cheers

« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2006, 02:22:09 by cj525 »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:unable to update
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2006, 05:07:08 »
I can't see this as possible.

You do close down OFP and then restart it again after replacing the pbo?

OFP can't 'remember' what an older version of a pbo is like............unless you have another copy of the older pbo in another mod folder perhaps.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2006, 06:18:08 »
nope bizzare eh? again it doesn't happen on my other comp. Twilight zone stuff. ???

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2006, 16:39:53 »
I have had the same experience once in a while, especially when making some small tweaks on something which require almost constant shutdownofp-maketweaks-overwriteoldpbo-restartofp..

I've always thought of it as some sort of windows+memory problem rather than an ofp problem..

I also have sometimes seen ofp read the wrong config from an addon, for example if you rename the existing config.cpp to configold.cpp and add a new config.cpp to test some changes ofp can still read the old config, the configold.cpp too..
Experienced this with some userActions stuff where the old actions (in the configold.cpp) and the test stuff were both available although the test config.cpp did not include any the old stuff...
This may be related to the above 'problem' though...

I could go on pages and pages on what weirdness OFP can throw at you sometimes... :P
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2006, 16:40:54 by HateR_Kint »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jan 2006, 17:09:03 »
great info, thanks for the feed back, I do have configold.cpp files lol. I'll just have to reinstall if it's a windows problem (put windows and ofp together and watch the wierd stuff appear before your eyes lol)