Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Shotgun question...  (Read 2435 times)

Offline TLI

• Members
  • You just THINK I'm a llama!
Shotgun question...
« on: 17 Aug 2005, 18:46:55 »
     It seems to me that all OFP shotguns (correct me if I'm wrong) have strangely unrealistic shot patterns -- the're all represented by 7-10 bullets fired in not very quick succession. Is there some game limitation that causes this?

Shotguns would be better if they were represented by all these bullets fired simultaneously, with each bullet on a slightly different trajectory.

(I say this mostly because with the current style, it's possible to kill two men with a shotgun while standing in a triangle, with about ten feet between everybody. :o see pic below ::))
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2005, 20:36:07 by N »
High explosives are essential.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Re:Shotgun question...
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2005, 20:52:08 »
Is there some game limitation that causes this?
Yes, OFP doesn't allow more than one bullet at a time to be fired out of a gun. ::)

Although some of the shotguns out there aren't too bad IMHO.

-Student Pilot

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2005, 21:34:20 »
One could have one bullet fired, then have the rest of the "shot" camCreated using a fired eventHandler.  the camCreated shot could then be setVelocitied so that it would form a cone with a small angle.  You could through in a small random angle range so that the cone would not always yeild the same exact pattern.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2005, 21:39:33 »
Would the player who did the shooting get credit for the kill if a camcreated bullet hit someone?

Your way might work, but isn't it much easier to do it the way it's always been done? ???

-Student Pilot

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2005, 04:16:56 »
its been done before by LSC (camcreated bullets) but i cant find a link to download it :(

and made my old computer lag

675mhz
192mb ram

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #5 on: 01 Sep 2005, 00:21:40 »
Kyle_something's Veitnam Troop Pack's shotgun has a similar script :)
They don't lag most "decent" powered PC's. It fells less laggy than using the normal shotgun thing acctualy :P
- Ben

CameronMcDonald

« Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2005, 07:23:40 »
I'd just use a slug-firing shotgun, forget shells.

typhoon123

« Reply #7 on: 05 Sep 2005, 22:19:16 »
you think your comps slow 350MHZ rulez and it run flashpoint fine (with a bit of lag) ;D

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #8 on: 08 Sep 2005, 04:29:57 »
Kyle_something's Veitnam Troop Pack's shotgun has a similar script :)
They don't lag most "decent" powered PC's. It fells less laggy than using the normal shotgun thing acctualy :P
- Ben

Its spelled "S-a-r-n-i-k"...  ;) Yes, I basically used LSC's idea, but greatly improved the script and config work to make shotguns work like real shotguns. This includes a pause after each shot for pump shotguns and proper magazine capacity values, and it also allows me to use custom shell casings that look just great and will stay on the ground  ::) I am compiling a back of other people's shotgun models and reconfigig them to make a huge pack of "Scripted shotguns" that use scripts to not only make them fire correctly, but solve the problem of the whole magazines vs single shells problem, so now you can take ammo for your M3 from a dead guy an M1014. It should be done soon enough...

Offline TLI

• Members
  • You just THINK I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: 06 Oct 2005, 23:35:37 »
Veitnam Troop Pack's shotgun
Where would I download that?
High explosives are essential.

ghillisniper_270

« Reply #10 on: 22 Jan 2006, 20:42:31 »
I've got to say that I'm glad this is being discussed.  I hate most of the shotguns in OFP.  The point of a shotgun is not to shoot slugs (although that would be kind of cool I guess), but to have a very short range, but with enough spread to minimize the need to aim.  I don't like the way most of the addons shoot a bunch of bullets in rapid succession (it is stupid how your ammo counter goes from 30 to 20, or whatever).  I like the camcreate idea, since that seems to be the best possible way to actually solve the problem.  You could also make various scripts for different types of shot, so you can use heavy buckshot that throws out a few larger projectiles, or light weight birdshot (not that they use too much of that for the military) to give a lot more "pellets" in the impact area.  

Thanks, and "DON'T GET ELLIMINATED"!