Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realistic Stinger  (Read 946 times)

ZIKAN

Realistic Stinger
« on: 12 Oct 2002, 17:54:53 »
Im using  AA Stingers in a misision im currently making. But I wonder if  a more realistic one could be made...

What i would like to see is instead of getting a 'target lock' (diamond in a square) you hear a pitched tone/noise confirming the missile is locked on.

I think this would be much more fun and perhaps make the missle more powerful so it can knock out a Hind etc to compensate ;)

Uziyahu

Re:Realistic Stinger
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2002, 03:58:46 »
I don't know if it was scripted in, but I recently played a multi-player mission 2 or 3 times, and each time the Stinger took down the Hind.

ZIKAN

Re:Realistic Stinger
« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2002, 15:06:10 »
 Its quite easy to reduce the armour setting with the slider when placing the unit in the mission or script it. But the knock on effect is that it leaves it more vunerable to small arms fire.
I think the 'Strela' and 'Stinger' missiles in OFP dont have the destructive power it ought to have. Look at the Afghan war or Chechen war were they have been used to great effect.
I have shot down lots of helicopters in MP but i think that is due to the mission designer deliberately reducing the armour values of some units to make it easier.
Another example: with Tanks, many times you hear people bitchin in a MP game that it only took one sabot to kill them in a M1A1, but they shot 3 sabot at a T-80, maybe its a MP thing, or the mission designer orchestrated it to happen like that.
My main request though is for the AA misiles to get that noise like a high pitched tone, signifying the missile is locked on.