Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: dual handguns  (Read 4077 times)

Stinky Nut Rappa

dual handguns
« on: 08 Aug 2005, 14:43:28 »
i was thinking are there any dual handguns out there. if there aren't i was wondering if it was possible to use the normal rifle stance where one hand is behind the other and then put a gun in each hand but treat them as one weapon

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:dual handguns
« Reply #1 on: 08 Aug 2005, 15:24:03 »
Its been discussed before, and everyone says its impossible.  :P
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=10099;start=0

However, you idea of rifle stance might be possible, but it wouldn't look good at all.
The reloading would be messed up
You'd be shotting one pistol into the back of the other
Only one mussle flash
When you select 'Put dual pistols on back', you would have 2 pistols randomly stuck to the back of the player
« Last Edit: 08 Aug 2005, 15:25:42 by greg147 »
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

typhoon123

« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2005, 20:43:05 »
i dont understand the idea of dual handguns, it does not usually happen outside of TV its unrealistic as to fire even a pistol correctly you must hold it with both hands

Offline The_Bishop_Ghost

• Members
  • OFP fanatic and mission maker to be...
« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2005, 01:10:59 »
i dont understand the idea of dual handguns, it does not usually happen outside of TV its unrealistic as to fire even a pistol correctly you must hold it with both hands

When I was in the military we tried shoting "Pistol 88" (swedish made version of the Glock 17)
with one gun in each hand. And it's possible, but hitting the target is hard. And The glock is light enough to shoot with one hand. But aiming two guns is harder then hell.
Don't ask about my spelling. I know it sucks

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2005, 03:55:14 »
I think Rappa wants that "cool" effect. Sadly, the anims for holding a pistol suck. To see someone use two pistols the "right" way in ofp would just look plain bad. You need dives, rolls, and strafing to make two pistols look good.

Stinky Nut Rappa

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2005, 12:35:23 »
you mean like max payne really. i just thoguht of another problem as well, it would look really dodgy when grenades are thrown cos 1 gun would be floating around while the grenade was bing thrown. unless of course grenades were disabled on that unit. and i dont know what typhoon was on about needing 2 hands to shoot properly. a lot of european soldiers shoot pistols one handed

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2005, 15:41:55 »
Yea max payne was what I was thinking about.

@typhoon is right, I think accuracy is compromised with one hand alone and imagine two pistols jolting around and having to aim them both. It also depends on the size of the weapon too. A Deringer would be pretty darn easy to shoot in both hands while a Desert Eagle would be near impossible. ;D

Offline The_Bishop_Ghost

• Members
  • OFP fanatic and mission maker to be...
« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2005, 15:57:05 »
Yea max payne was what I was thinking about.

@typhoon is right, I think accuracy is compromised with one hand alone and imagine two pistols jolting around and having to aim them both. It also depends on the size of the weapon too. A Deringer would be pretty darn easy to shoot in both hands while a Desert Eagle would be near impossible. ;D

As you say it depends on the pistol. Shooting a Deagel with one hand would be darn near impossible. But shooting a smallar pistol like the glock with one hand and hitting the target isn't that hard. Ive done it and I am not a big strong guy.

A pistol is a side arm. You don't use it to engage targets more 25 m away.
Don't ask about my spelling. I know it sucks

frazbo

« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2005, 23:16:56 »
This could do well if someone spent ages and it might crash and burn BADLY but its true holding and aiming 2 psitols and even dealing withe recoil is tuff  :-\

Chunky The Tree

« Reply #9 on: 14 Aug 2005, 00:05:59 »
couldn't the pistol model just be mirrored and then the file set to shoot 2 bullets at a time instead of 1?

Dubieman

« Reply #10 on: 14 Aug 2005, 00:34:43 »
lol, OFP is not that simple. Tis a tough mistress. ;)

edit: Why are we still talking about if the thread Greg mentioned already goes through it? And they say its impossible? :P
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2005, 00:35:44 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Stinky Nut Rappa

« Reply #11 on: 15 Aug 2005, 13:52:48 »
yeah but back to my original point of using the rifle stance, surely that would be possible but just look a bit dodgy. i mean just treat them as a rifle that look like a pair of pistols

Dubieman

« Reply #12 on: 15 Aug 2005, 15:39:49 »
But...
I can't think of anything to say. If I wanted to do it, I'd want to do it right and not have shifty animations and such since I think it'd destroy any thouhgts of how cool it was that the guy was shooting at me with dual guns. :P

ghillisniper_270

« Reply #13 on: 14 Dec 2005, 23:49:24 »
No offense guys, but I'm tired of hearing people go on and on about how big and bad a desert eagle is.  First of all, it's heavy as hell, and the heavier a gun is the less it kicks.  Second, the 50 Action Express (the one everyone thinks is so amazing) is pretty much a glorified .45.  It can't go through a city block full of houses!  Now, one of my financial advisors has a gold plated desert eagle chambered in .44 mag (not bad) and it doesn't kick that much, though it is considerably more than if chambered in .50.

As for shooting two handguns at once, it's possible.   Not neccessary, but possible.   If your shooting two handguns, the objective is probably different and you are just throwing out lead, or as I like to say, "sprayin' and prayin'"!  Seeing as how it is harder to be accurate with 1 pistol than a rifle, you do sacrifice accuracy even more if  you double up.  But, I've shot two pistols at once in real life (my H&K USP .45 and my friends Beretta 92) and it wasn't entirely fake, although it was much more difficult.

Keep up the interest, everybody!

Conors

« Reply #14 on: 15 Dec 2005, 13:58:20 »
And aiming though the iron sights would shurley be impossible?

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #15 on: 15 Dec 2005, 14:15:19 »
I'm sure people who are shooting with double handguns aren't using the sights :P  I believe it is possible to eliminate the sights from a gun so they don't show, something that will definately need to be done for an addon like this.

-Pilot

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #16 on: 16 Dec 2005, 06:08:00 »
Everyone who posted here should check out SpecOp's 'The One' thread on the BI Forums. He came up with a method to have dual weapons. It's not perfect, but I think he is testing it. I may be wrong, because I haven't heard anything of it since.

Tuulos

« Reply #17 on: 16 Dec 2005, 09:52:14 »
It is possible to use two handguns at a same time without sacrifising accuracy. At military one of the instructors shooted two guns (M80) at same time at a target 50 meters away and didn't miss even once. And the dispersion wasn't bad either. He shot better than soldiers he was training, and they only used one gun.

But personally, i wouldn't fire them at same time, but separately, meaning i have twice the amount of bullets  ;D

ghillisniper_270

« Reply #18 on: 23 Dec 2005, 01:39:10 »
I don't doubt that certain people can shoot two at a time an still be precise (accurate isn't exactly the right term).  The big factor is experience; however.  For instance, I shoot rifles and shotguns.  I'm pretty good with both.  I bought my only handgun about 2 months ago, so I suck with a pistol.  If I shoot it alot, I will get better, and if I shoot two at once for awhile, I'll get decent at that.  As it stands, I'll just be good with my SKS for awhile, which I might say I'm better than most with, as I can shoot 30 rounds very rapidly at 300 yards and hit a body sized target every time (and an SKS has quite a bit more muzzle rise than other military type rifles).