Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MD Policy Change  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
MD Policy Change
« on: 06 Aug 2005, 13:36:48 »
Hello mission makers,

For a long time now the Multiplayer mission reviewing at OFPEC has been close to nill. There are various reasons for this and I'm not going to get into them. It's enough to know that MP reviewing is a much slower and complicated process than it is to review SP missions.

The Missions Depot has now 130 Multiplayer missions, the oldest dated from way back almost two years ago. You can imagine how many of the links to addons are working, and all the other problems such a long time brings with it. We're making a desperate attempt to get back on track, so we wouldn't have to struggle behind and keep the witches circle alive by doing so.

As of now the OFPEC MD policy to wait 2 weeks for an author to fix a faulty submission no longer applies to the Multiplayer missions.

Every faulty Multiplayer mission that is over 6 months old in the depot will be deleted straight away. The author will be informed with a forum IM, but the old habbit of waiting two weeks for a reply has to go.

So, before you start filling my inbox:
- No, we're not deleting all the missions.
- Yes, you're allowed to submit a new fixed version

A mission has to be
a) for multiplayer
b) unplayable
c) 6 months old
to be deleted.

I hope you take this as the good news it is. There's nothing but to gain in this policy change. The aim is to better the of MD's multiplayer content and a chance to not have authors wait for two years to get a review for their missions.
Also note that the change of policy is only temporary for as long as it takes to get back on track.
Not all is lost.