Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Carpet Bomber  (Read 2205 times)

mccallum1992

Carpet Bomber
« on: 05 Aug 2005, 15:10:38 »
Hey ofpec spawn!
I was just wondering if there was a plane with a massive load of bombs like Maveriks so i could do some carpet bombs!

(Last topic for two weeks :'( :'(, off on holiday, today at 3 am!) 8) ;D

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Re:Carpet Bomber
« Reply #1 on: 05 Aug 2005, 15:23:44 »
Uhhh, the A10 that comes with the game has 8 LGBs.  Is that enough, or do you need more?  You could always script the carpet bombing...

-Student Pilot

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #2 on: 05 Aug 2005, 20:02:13 »
Not yet to my knowlage. However, once you get back from your holiday, these should be ready.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=f13dd09731fab0ffbaf44303d57d9989;act=ST;f=54;t=47113
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 06 Aug 2005, 03:37:52 »
Oh, well if it's a B-52 you want, then I guess an A10 won't match up, will it? ::) ;D

Thanks for the link, greg147.  I had forgotten all about that addon.

Wow, a B-52...[drool]...and a Tu-95 (am I just prejudiced against Soviet aircraft, or do most of them seem ugly?)

Damn, just realized I was off-topic there.  I ask for the forgiveness of the moderators :-X

-Student Pilot

Offline The_Bishop_Ghost

• Members
  • OFP fanatic and mission maker to be...
« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2005, 01:04:29 »
Oh, well if it's a B-52 you want, then I guess an A10 won't match up, will it? ::) ;D

Thanks for the link, greg147.  I had forgotten all about that addon.

Wow, a B-52...[drool]...and a Tu-95 (am I just prejudiced against Soviet aircraft, or do most of them seem ugly?)

d**n, just realized I was off-topic there.  I ask for the forgiveness of the moderators :-X

-Student Pilot

No it's not prejudiced, they are uggly, But they do there aloted task well.
Don't ask about my spelling. I know it sucks

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2005, 17:19:29 »
Well, I guess I can partly agree with you on that. (but why can't they be even a little not-so-ugly?) ::)

In the meantime, if the B-52 and Tu-95 aren't released soon enough, you could use a B-1 Lancer as an American carpet bomber.  The B-1 is able to carry up to 84 Mk-82 500 pound bombs, 30 CBU-87 cluster munitions or 24 Mk-84 2000 pound bombs.  For more information on the B-1 Lancer or it's payloads, click here

I am not sure how good the above addon is, I have never tested it.

-Student Pilot

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2005, 02:35:07 »
I have that B1. It's okay under your control, (Pretty hard to aim, though ::)) But the AI thinks it's a dive bomber. The second it sees a target, it will head straight into it. ??? The only way I found it to be effective was giving it hundreds of waypoints about an inch away from each other and using the carpet bombing script in the ed depot. I'll see if I can get the link.

*EDIT*
http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=204
There you go!
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2005, 02:37:21 by crave22 »

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 14 Aug 2005, 03:48:16 »
But the AI thinks it's a dive bomber.
Lol, maybe I should download it just to see that ;D

The second it sees a target, it will head straight into it. ???
Is there a difference if the bomber is set to CARELESS mode?

@The Script
Yes, that is a good script.  I have downloaded it and I liked the effect.

-Student Pilot

Offline Plane

• Members
  • You can call me my nickname "Plane"!
« Reply #8 on: 14 Aug 2005, 17:37:12 »
But the AI thinks it's a dive bomber.
I've tried the B52 bomber,when AI control it, it just dive and drop tens of bombs. Finally blow itself but do no hurt to enemy!

So I think using script to control its height and drop bombs could be a better idea!
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #9 on: 14 Aug 2005, 18:23:29 »
@Student Pilot
I'm not sure if setting it to careless matters, but it might just be the way it attacks. It thinks it has to dive in order for it's bombs to hit. Plus, I don't even think the AI has been tweaked enough to even drop the bombs. Every time I have it fly over a target, it either ignores it or just runs into the ground before it drops its payload. It is pretty funny, though, when it hits the ground. ::)

Also, I forgot to mention about that script. It takes a little extra tweaking with the interval the bombs are dropped since you're moving so fast. I had it set for an A10 once and switched the A10 to the B1. I just ran into the bombs and died, so you have to set the interval a little slower than usual.  :P

mccallum1992

« Reply #10 on: 30 Aug 2005, 22:26:51 »
Wooooooooooooooow, thanks guys for all da info! Also i feel just swell about giving you guys a good natter about ugly commie planes and other thinks!!!

Well and truly solved! :thumbsup: