Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: London Bomb Attack II  (Read 1300 times)

ProudPotter2490

London Bomb Attack II
« on: 21 Jul 2005, 15:15:19 »
Earlier this afternoon, London has undergone another bomb-scare. From what we know so far, there were 4 bombs: 3 on the London underground and 1 on yet another bus. Smoke has been spotted and it is rumored that there is 1 casualty, no fatalities. Regarding the bus, it has been reported that windows were put through but there were no casualties. The police have indicated there were no chemical weapons.

Sky news has indicated that the explosions were not major. Yet another dark day for Britain after just 2 weeks. Thankfully, this alert is not being treated as Major as the previous attack. At 3:15 (Great Britain), the Prime Minister is making a statment.

Another day for Britain.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:London Bomb Attack II
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2005, 15:19:00 »
serious thought the situation is, this is NOT the place to post news updates.

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2005, 19:43:34 »
serious thought the situation is, this is NOT the place to post news updates.

Fair enough point. But if that is such a "serious" thought, why was this topic not locked (or at least merged)? So if it is indeed so "serious", delete this thread and i'll post it on the other related topic.

I do agree with you Bedges. But you could have been a litte more polite considering the sensitivity of this and how many people are feeling.
This is off topic, but in a case like this we gladly make exceptions.
Quote from Sui.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2005, 20:04:14 »
Fair enough point. But if that is such a "serious" thought, why was this topic not locked (or at least merged)? So if it is indeed so "serious", delete this thread and i'll post it on the other related topic.
Because only global moderators and administrators have the rights in this board and I can't be here 24/7. Your topic would have been merged and by the way, we never delete posts/threads.

OFPEC has never had room for other discussion than OFP editing related (well once, but it was quickly scrapped due to obvious reasons).
However, as Sui said, it would be very rude for us not to let people pay their respects and condolences.
Your post wasn't about paying respect or condolences. Your post was just what we all saw in the news - a news post, just like bedges said and just what OFPEC doesn't want.

If you had listened to what bedges, who still has a saying in this board even though he doesn't have the tools, told you, you would not have made a second faul and copied your post to the thread about the previous bomb attack.

www.flashpoint1985.com is the best place for political / non-ofp related conversations. There's an active bunch of people who, I'm sure, are having a 'news level' discussion about this as we speak.

ProudPotter2490, next time listen to what the moderator is telling you.

#locked
Not all is lost.