Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Recruitment Board Much Better than before  (Read 1794 times)

Bluelikeu

Recruitment Board Much Better than before
« on: 09 Jul 2005, 18:53:24 »
Hey all,

Just like to say that the current recruitment board is much better than the one previously functional. In the current one you can get a lot more through to the people rather than just a few sentences like it was before.

Thanks,
Bluelikeu

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:Recruitment Board Much Better than before
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jul 2005, 20:12:39 »
I like the recruitment 'depot' being a forum board too. However, it does bring more work to a moderator's table though.
The Recruitment -board would serve it's purpose best when all ads have a clear topic and a unified format. The casual reader and moderators would have an easy way of checking out what's going on. Who's seeking what for what and why ect. +contact address and no other chit-chat is the ideal recruitment post.

For now everything has gone pretty smoothly. Most people who're in the need for members to their projects seem to understand that the better and cleaner the ad is, the more people will want to be a part of the thing.

An interesting experinment if nothing else. Another way of having the topics there, would be to lock them instantly when posted, in a way that only the author would have a modify access to them. This would resemble more the Recruitment Depot's ads. You just state the facts and wait for people to contact you.
Still, somehow I prefer it the way it is. Sometimes it's just called for to make that post and have the author reply to it so that everyone can benefit from his answer.

I'd even like to have plenty of conversation going on in there. Sadly this is not possible for we all know that it will get out of hand very quickly and soon the entire board has lost it's one and only original purpose - to help you recruit for your projects.
Not all is lost.

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #2 on: 09 Jul 2005, 22:46:43 »
No surprises here. Much better than before. Wouldn't be surprised if it stayed like this. Easy moderation, easy contact, easily for people to select the right people, end of. We should keep it like this ;D!

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2005, 04:13:41 »
I only occasionally browsed the 'ol Recruitment Depot, but the Recruitment Forum does seem to be much better to me. The format is just more appealing, and it is usually much clearer what exactly people are looking for. The ability to ask questions specifically related to the vacancy is also nice, although I can see how it would create more of a moderating hassle.

Even if the board was locked to a one-topic posting, I still think it would be much better than the original. It just doesn't seem like you can catagorize vacancies as was attempted in the old depot--it works much better to just have a written post.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

ProudPotter2490

Petition
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2005, 09:55:12 »
Hi all!
Since the opening of the recruitment lounge available on the forum (http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=57), i've heard numerous pieces of feedback (http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=24589) that suggest the board is a massive improvment on it's predicessor. Whilst there is no guaruntee the original will return, let's make OFPEC aware that this is a huge improvment and let's keep it this way!

Just reply with a little note or even a blank message to make OFPEC aware that this board is how the recruitment depot should be kept :)!
ProudPotter2490 :afro:

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:Petition
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2005, 09:59:42 »
if they got rid of the depot then what will go in the empty space of the toolbar at the top ? maybe make it linkled to the lounge
i think its alot better than the depot even though when i tried it it wasnt fixed but you can say alot more than a sentence in the lounge

i say it should stay but thats just my opinion

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2005, 12:43:28 »
Merged two identical topics.
ProudPotter2490, you can start your people's movement here.  ;)

#merged
Not all is lost.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2005, 12:16:53 »
Uh oh... a people's movement....

Quick, Artak! Get the propaganda machine... crank up the volume!
Next thing we know they'll form a Union, and we'll have to raise pay or something...

Since we fixing the recruitment depot has been put on the back burner for the time being, most of this is moot. However I'm glad to hear you like what we've done :)

I think a poll (or something similar) will be in order before we change back to the php form system... either way I'll be sure to consult the community as to what is the most useful system.

THanks for the feedback.