Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 1 group board two boats  (Read 514 times)

Commando

1 group board two boats
« on: 12 Jul 2005, 13:42:48 »
i've never done this so i need some help here, but how do i make 1 group board in the cargo of the two boats that are waiting for them? I have a get in wapyoint for the squad on one of the boats and in a trigger that says they will go the boats it says p1 assignascargo b1  p1 = player 1 and b1 = boat 1 but it always ends that 6 guys in the squad gets in one of the boats and the rest stays on the beach and waits there while the boats drive off to our extraction  :P
would be nice if i could fix this somehow  ;D

Also as a sidenote how do i make part of the briefing that is hidden and when objective 1 is failed then objective 2 gets visible and also a new piece of text in the briefing gets visible to so players will get updated on their new objective. i know how to have hidden objectives but hidden text in briefing i don't know how to do  ???

qqqqqq

Re:1 group board two boats
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2005, 14:04:51 »
Try putting the boats in one group.   Give them a load wp and synch it with the getin waypoint.    If it doesn't work give all the loons assignascargo and ordergetin true commands as well.

hidden text in briefing i don't know how to do

Can't be done.   Use hidden objectives with page links embedded in the objective.

Commando

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2005, 14:10:42 »
thxfor quick reply, but how do i do page links? I'll try the ordergetin true commands later today and see if it works, its to hot to sit with the comp now , 30 + c in my room probably  ;D
very hot summer this year...

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2005, 17:13:46 »
to achieve a link to a separate page in a briefing, create a section between 2 <hr> tags. at the top, after the first <hr> put

Code: [Select]
<h2><a name="section_name"></a></h2>
then put in all the information for that page. then comes the second <hr> tag. that's the page made. to link to that page, use the following:

Code: [Select]
<a href="section_name">link text</a>
also, on the boats - two boats may be too big for just one squad, so try creating a few game logics, and in the init field of each, move them into the cargo spaces to fill them up. loons are then more likely to use both boats.

qqqqqq

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2005, 22:25:59 »
There's bound to be an example in either one of snYpir's briefing tutes or macguba's tute mission.