Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need help for my upcoming mission (idea)  (Read 1976 times)

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
Need help for my upcoming mission (idea)
« on: 09 Jul 2005, 12:19:31 »
Hi there!

Well guess after some months I am back to mission editing.
I finally got my lazy arse from the chair and opened OFP again...  :P

But well... here is my problem!  ???

I am starting this mission http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=23145 again.
So it becomes a bit better, but I wanna make it so it can fit perfectly if I finish this work: http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=22;action=display;threadid=23530.  :-*

Until now I have this: The mission occurs a bit later than the Cold War. After the communist regime in Everon collapsed, Russians invaded the island to restore peace and order. Some european countries counter-invaded but were repelled. So a new counter-invasion and peace force is being prepared. But before they can enter Everon, you, a Portuguese Spec Ops Sniper have the mission of neutralising 3 russian generals that are going to insert spetznaz forces in Everon.

What I am asking you is, if you have any idea so this mission isn't just hit and run through fog and night.
Any idea addon free is apreciated and your name will be properly mentioned in credits!

Thanks in advance  ;D
NBR

GI-YO

Re:Need help for my upcoming mission (idea)
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jul 2005, 18:12:57 »
most snipers wouldn't operate at night because the muzzle flash would give away their position. A few ideas to spice this mission up...

*If it is before an invasion do some beach recon, marking mines and MG positions for the invasion forces.

*Give a good reason why the generals have to be killed, surely they will be replaced and the island will have added security. How about killing highly trained radio operators, heavy weapon specalists, other snipers, tank crews, aircrews etc etc. You could have one officer shooting but i wouldn't include too many.

*You could invlove the sniper invloved in later missions if he stays on the island sending intel from behind the lines, then be incorperated into the invasion force when the invasion occurs.

*One of the many roles of the sniper is that of destruction of valubel enemy equipment, such as radios and radar. Could you have your sniper shoot out the radome on the shilka, meaning it would be out of service during the invasion.

I'm sure with these suggestions, which is what they are you can think of other things. hope these are a good start.  

Happy mission making:thumbsup:

GI-YO
« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2005, 18:14:03 by GI-YO »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jul 2005, 18:44:59 »
well if i was you i would make the player a black op in night give him a selection of special forces weapons give him another black op to work with make him the leader
take away all waypoints try and make the mission as the opposite of restricting (cant remember the work)
give him several objectives wich are all (optional) but need to complete atleast half
for example

*Kill 2 high ranking officers wich we believe will be meeting at 01:35 hours here (actually make them go there at that time)

*Destroy AA and AT defences alon the coast line for the upcoming invasion

*Observe thier major stronghold near the beaches here (if he fires send a few squads after the player using 'grp1 move getpos player') - to complete this objective he must know about certain things like skilkas tanks eg using the knows about command

*Clear this small aircraft hangar 2km off from the beach

*Clear the beach patrols and mark as many mines as you can find

*Destroy MG defences at the coast line

*Destroy any Fixed artillery positions firing towards the beaches

*Nutrilise as many tank crews and pilots as possible

theres 8 possible objectives if i was you i would make it so 4 have to be completed not-includidng extract
all should be included but all should be optional
you should allow the player to roam about at night do what he wants where he wants but if he goes to far out mission fails

Make him feel like hes been dropped of behing enemy lines to do what he can to help
Insertion in the case should be a.... boat insertion a few miles away from the objective area
also have random patrols all over the place have tank shields on the roads, ammo dumps, random camps enemy ocupying all the towns if not all should be atleast all the main large towns
make the player feel like hes behind enemh lines not on an island wich onyl has enemys in this area

to me that would be a very very good special forces mission

Also if possible allow him to chose what to wear not sure how you could do that but it would be a nice feature you could wear
*Black kit
*Standard infantry camoflauge
*A sniper ghillie suit
*Speacial forces dat kit
and so on

Things like that would make the mission feel more real and alive
good luck with what ever you do

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jul 2005, 19:43:54 »
Thanks lads...

Great ideas over there, Ill see what I can do...

Really apreciated...

*puts 456820 and GI-YO in readme...*

NBR Out!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2005, 20:05:27 »
hey
i just re read your first post and relised you said addon free so i thought about some of my objectives might be a bit hard like artillery positions couldnt really do cause there are no fixed artillery objects but are in the editors update if thats counted as an addon

also another 2 objecitves

* Recon the beach
and
* Destroy shingles tank wires on the beaches
simply get dammage of the shingle/tankw wire then if its more than 0.7 then delete it or something like that

i cant wait to play it as there are no decent sniper missions out there mine is okay but to easy cause i know everything about it and where i placed units lol

anyway hope this will be a good mission

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2005, 21:47:53 »
Hmm finally I decided to start OFP again... of course much work before the mission editing still must be done!

But what the hell lazyness must be gone...  8)

So i decided to remake the part of this mission...

......The mission wont be a sniper one, because I want to make as realistic as it gets 8), so the unit will be armed with the Portuguese Ranger gear (you still can choose the gear in gear selection).
......The story will be changed but those ideas still fit perfectly in the new one!
......About this part:

Also if possible allow him to chose what to wear not sure how you could do that but it would be a nice feature you could wear
*Black kit
*Standard infantry camoflauge
*A sniper ghillie suit
*Speacial forces dat kit
and so on
*cof**cof* thats asking too much to my skills  :P

I decided to make a mission where the player chooses to "pierce" the darkness and fog and move quick and silently or addopt a sniper approach.

at least the basics are: you are inserted behind enemy lines, (notes part = diary), and you have the job of helping the invasion force...

NBR Out!
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2005, 23:27:35 by PTnbrvieira »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2005, 09:19:39 »
*cof**cof* thats asking too much to my skills  

okay thats abit behing me aswell plus im not sure if its possible but it would of been a nice feature

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2005, 18:20:13 »
@456820

The sniper thingy is possible, i played a mission that had one of those...
In some areas you had to change camo ;)

@ Topic

Hehe yesterday had a great news... I wont need to leave OFP  ;D so now I can focus all my attention (while in vacations) to OFP editing... ;D
Well I decided now...
The unit will be MIG's Portuguese Spec Ops, and has many objectives I got from your ideas:
1,2,3-kill the three shilkas/4-extract sucessfully/4,5,6-neutralise spetznaz high trained radio operators(optional)...

The problem is: I have a HUGE storyline, almost 10 MS word pages  ??? and I have to make it much smaller!
But in some days it is done ;)

My question is: would any of you be interested in playing this mission? Spec Ops in middle of Fog and Night, first mission of a peace making campaign...
With those objectives?

And second: how could the unit be extracted? like... he is totally alone, in hostile territory... should he be extracted by plane, helicopter, boat, car...
Whats your opinion?

Thanks in advance ;)

NBR Out!
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2005, 18:22:36 by PTnbrvieira »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2005, 18:48:48 »
well of course i would loe to play this kind of mission but make it just before night so you can see somethings then have a small day sript wich maked the day's fly by so it gets darker
extraction
- Boat from where you inserted but the insertion point is now overloaded by buisy patrols looking for you so you have to radio in and you are givien orders to find a wood to sleep in until morning then you can extract by boat or just simply a boat without patrols

- A resistance camp is located on the map for you and you must spend the night their with them and carry on making observations in the morning but that desnt have to be part of the mission

- Simple a helicopter but keeping in mind these can only come if you destroyed all AA equipment

- A civillian will meet up with you in a car and you will be driven to a safer extraction point wich will come by chopper

or something else
your choice really so its going to be a campaign is it and you say its a peace making campaign blowing up half the Russians equipment is hardly trying to keep the peace is it also first mission make it 3rd or 2nd 1st mission the retreat of Malden for example the 2nd mission could be this or something like a small soviet invasion wich you must hold off
anyway good luck with the campaign and mission

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jul 2005, 21:06:48 »
Well nice ideas 456820  ;D

Thanks mate  ;)

For now wont take any og those ideas, will see how the storyline ends...but maybe the helicopter idea will be the one...maybe a chinook hmm...  ::)

But thanks anyway

Gonna leave the thread unsolved because someone might have a nice idea :P

NBR out!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jul 2005, 16:14:51 »
chinook hmm...

bad idea too big and too noisy and if its only one guy to pick up its not worth risking a chinook need somethig smaller like the Blackhawk Uh60Mg ir the Fffar's

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jul 2005, 19:44:20 »
Yeah true...

Well last night I started writing again the storyline... making it smaller.
And It ended up in a way that the only good way is to go by boat...
Because by air the AAV would see them pretty quickly!

Hmm... but well guess this topic is solved...  :-X

Thanks mates again! You were great help!  ;)

NBR Out!