Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dust for Planes?  (Read 1047 times)

fragster

Dust for Planes?
« on: 07 Jun 2005, 02:13:47 »
We all have our various scripts for helo's and when they land, theres dust flying around. No-one has seemed to try the same for prop planes. Wouldn't it be cool for a prop plane, when the engine has started, for dust to fly out the back of the plane. It would just add to the realism - it would also look really good on dirt airstrips

GI-YO

Re:Dust for Planes?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jun 2005, 11:19:59 »
this is a cool idea, I was thinking that you could use the water splash effect that the PBR has but change the colour to brown or whatever, should be simple to do if you know about those sorts of things.

GI-YO

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jun 2005, 17:51:47 »
it shouldnt be to hard to change the color heli dust scripts have lines in that even say that this line changed coulor so if you find the same line replace it with the brown coulour one

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jun 2005, 18:09:33 »
There's a script which does something very similar on an addon I was playing with the other day.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6416

I thought it looked totally out of place on the Yak but with a little tweaking it might work.

Remember what I said before though Fragster. It really only would work as a stand alone script. Incorperated into an addon it would look crap.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #4 on: 08 Jun 2005, 15:02:49 »
I did this. Didn't release it though. Looked kinda neat.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

UNN

« Reply #5 on: 08 Jun 2005, 17:26:07 »
What would be handy is some general smoke\dust effect scripts, we have the dust off ones for heli's. So something that works the same for aircraft would be useful to, for desert runways e.t.c

But what I really wanted recently, was some smoke grenades that reacted to helicopters\vehicles in a dynamic way. I'm working on some Med Evac scripts for CSJ, the demo mission used smoke grenades to mark the position. Would be great to see the smoke react to the incoming helicopter as it passed over.
« Last Edit: 08 Jun 2005, 17:27:04 by UNN »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #6 on: 08 Jun 2005, 19:22:57 »
There was an effect pack, made by a russian scripter, that contained exactly this. It also had fuel truck explosions, exploding body, car (Driver relaced by skeleton) etc
I can't remeber link, but this had a plane dust effect, than when you were low over water, it made water trail thing behind you (Can't remeber if it worked over land)
I can't find the link, but it's the same person who made (or released? Not sure) a bunch of things, like throwing axes/knifes

- Ben

vovi

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jun 2005, 12:30:24 »
The maker was vitja3000, his website has gone now. The last addon he released was Effect Pack 0.83, this was about 3 years ago!

It's a shame he never finished it, the stuff he had planned was much much better then ECP.

I know you can get Effect Pack 0.83 from Atwar.

Offline Nemesis6

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jun 2005, 20:37:34 »
An absolutely shamesless self-plug: The PBO is also included in the FlashFX 2.0 zip, but you'll have to get documentation for it elsewhere... I can't remember how to use it myself!  ;D
I am actually flying into a star... this is incredible!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jun 2005, 14:57:29 »
Hm, nicely done :P

To use, It was bascily...
[this] exec "\EffectPackPbo\car_????\init.sqs"
Then car (Folder name inside the PBO) changes to the type of thing you are using. Most were easily recognisable.

Some of the effects were really nice :
Fuel Truck :
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/DBR_ONIX/kaboom.jpg

Erm, people..
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/DBR_ONIX/Hmmahemsplat.jpg

Some tanks, few refuel trucks
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/DBR_ONIX/tankassault.jpg

Even on my old PC, these ran nicely
- Ben
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2005, 14:58:17 by DBR_ONIX »

bdfy1

« Reply #10 on: 07 Jul 2005, 22:56:07 »

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #11 on: 08 Jul 2005, 03:28:00 »
What would be handy is some general smoke\dust effect scripts, we have the dust off ones for heli's. So something that works the same for aircraft would be useful to, for desert runways e.t.c

But what I really wanted recently, was some smoke grenades that reacted to helicopters\vehicles in a dynamic way. I'm working on some Med Evac scripts for CSJ, the demo mission used smoke grenades to mark the position. Would be great to see the smoke react to the incoming helicopter as it passed over.

Could you send me those med evac script when you're done with them ::) I bet they will be useful some day ;)

UNN

« Reply #12 on: 08 Jul 2005, 10:54:13 »
Hi,

Sure, the paramedic scripts are based on AliMag's originals, and can be used with any vehicle. The winch scripts can be made into a generic version, that will work with any helicopter. But I want to wait for CSJ to release his Huey's, as there his stretcher and litter objects. I don't think it will be that long before he releases them, all the scripting's done.

But you will need the stretcher and\or litter objects, so it would be an addon rather than just scripts.