Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What have i Seen????  (Read 1535 times)

mccallum1992

What have i Seen????
« on: 30 Aug 2005, 22:36:04 »
Hi guys,
i was just thinking that posts that have been viewed by a member could have a little tick or something next to it.
To explain more on the subject
When I look through the pages of ofpec's many answered comment or questions i'm not quite sure if i've read it before, so if there were a little mark that would tell me if i've read it, i wouldn't waste my time opening it!
Just a suggestion!

bored_onion

Re:What have i Seen????
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2005, 22:58:48 »
the board icon changes from grey to blue when there are new posts in it and threads with new posts have a little "new" icon next to them. isnt that kinda the same thing except in reverse?

unless i misunderstood (it happens)  :P

mccallum1992

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2005, 23:16:03 »
Indeed it is, but then people  will know what they have read and what they havent

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2005, 03:23:57 »
I'm not 100% sure what you're driving at here...

Any post that you haven't read will have the 'new' button next to it. Anything you have will not have this button.

I take it that's not what you mean? :)
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2009, 02:12:57 by bedges »

mccallum1992

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2005, 11:25:53 »
@sui!
Does the new box come up on old ones? (even ones i havent read from the past?) e.g ones on pages 50 or something

if it doesnt, then:
To all!
May i first of all apologise for any mental destabilisation caused in answering my question(it happens a lot.... ;D)  However, now i shall explain very simply:
1. From time to time, i like to look back at the many questions that Ofpec answers (for example "How to set height of objects  in buildings")
2. I havent got the best computer in the world and loading a question takes a fair ammount of time(not a lot, just enough to get reasonably bored-also happens a lot :P)
3. so what i am saying is, that if I myself have read it, i'll know and i'll not want to read it again.
So, to conclude:
1. If it is a new post, it will have a new box by it.
2. However, if it is an old post, but one that i have read (evaluated the question and learnt a lot about it ;)) then it should have some kind of tick/mark nest to it!
3. Again, if it is an old post but i HAVENT read it, then the Tick/Mark could either be another colour or not there altogether!

If anyone still does not understand (Don't be afraid if you don't, I'm slightly boggled by it myself ::)) Then i have no choice but to make a diagram of it myself!

If it does then:
Sorry  :'( please lock the topic it or beat me with online clubs :beat:)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2005, 11:31:27 »
Yes.   If you have read all the posts in a  thread, it will not have a new button.    If there are posts which are new to you, then it will have the new button.     This applies to all threads on the forum including the old ones.

A seperate tick is not required.   The presence/absence of the new button provides all the information you need.

("New" does NOT mean new posts since you last logged on.)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2005, 12:10:33 »
Ahh... I see.

In that case, apart from Maccas advice on the 'new' button (it's what you're after, but in reverse), may I suggest a few other methods of finding what you want:You're bound to find what you're after... failing that post a question in the forums ;)

Thanks for the suggestion though, they're always welcome.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2009, 02:13:26 by bedges »

mccallum1992

« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2005, 16:08:18 »
I like to do my bit (bit being an unecesarilly complicated question that doesnt really matter)
 :)