Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Condolances  (Read 2333 times)

ProudPotter2490

Condolances
« on: 07 Jul 2005, 16:13:47 »
I would personally like to thank Tim Pink and everyone at OFPEC for the message displayed on the main page regarding the recent terrorist attacks on London. For the families and witnesses of the cowardly and devistating attack, my heartfelt apoligy and sorrow goes to. As a nation we should all unite through this testing time for all in London and Great Britain. Good luck to all families and local service-men providing support in Londons hour of need. Thank you.

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
Re:Condolances
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2005, 18:08:06 »
As a serving member of the British Armed Forces, Household Cavalry Regiment, and being based in the heart of London, not ten minutes away from most of the incidents, I pass on my heartfelt support and sorrow to those affected, in any way.

On another side note, we need to remember about blame placing. Can we hold the British Government to blame? Some would undoubtedly say yes. I say no.

Theories abound as to why this has happened, and who have perpetrated it. Some reckon it is from some Islamic fundamentalist group, using our win of the 2012 Olympics as the trigger to focus attention on our security measures and procedures. Others say it is the French, pissed at losing it.

Either way, the Services are dealing fantastically with it, Fire, Ambulance and Police. The Army have not been involved directly, to my knowledge, because our Civil Services are so well adapted to cope and contain. Take that as a sign of security and comfort, that we as a nation, will not let our fellow countrymen down in a time of need. Also remembering, that should there ever be a stage where the Civil Services cannot cope with the issues at hand, that there are three armed forces available for disposal, each with rapid reaction plans and operations, ready to go at a moments notice.

So regardless of who and why, lets remember the lost and injured, and remember them first....

The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

Blackblood

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2005, 19:04:04 »
Thanx for acknowledging this. Since this board is a little more US orientated - it's a good thing. *I need a beer*

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jul 2005, 19:08:37 »
I've gotten the impression that the British goverment have handled this a lot better than any other goverment have when they've been hit by terrorists...and I don't see how the British goverment could have prevented this...it's impossible to prevent all terrorist attacks, and afaik they've already prevented one, maybe several terrorist action against UK.

Though, the blame placing should come second...as Wolfbane said:

lets remember the lost and injured, and remember them first....

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jul 2005, 20:39:18 »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Again, a really bad day to the world...

Good atittude from OFPEC...

Well let's just now hope that everything comes good and well to the British people... and now we can only just cry and pray for those that arent with us anymore...

Theories abound as to why this has happened, and who have perpetrated it. Some reckon it is from some Islamic fundamentalist group, using our win of the 2012 Olympics as the trigger to focus attention on our security measures and procedures. Others say it is the French, pissed at losing it.
If were the Islamic fundamentalists well once again I am  :-[ and I must tell again, they do not represent our religion! Those stupid mutha fuckers!
Well the French, I dont really believe they could make this... it is too much in stake here.
I believe more in the anarquists that always complain about G8...

But well... gonna watch a bit more of TV...

Cya
NBR

PS: To all British people that read this... my condolances  :'(

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jul 2005, 20:39:19 »
:'(

Huh, OMG. As I opened the TV today after coming home from work, I saw terrible news from the BBC World channel. Shocked I was, of course. But somehow, I wasn't surprised. I think it was over a year ago when I first started to fear that something like this will happen in the UK. It just took more time than I expected at first. I believe many people living in the UK had same kinds of fears in their minds.

I have a relative living there and going to work everyday to London using a metro, and I really had to take a deep breath and hope everything's OK... I don't know about my relative's situation yet.

I wouldn't blaim governments about any terrorist attacks, because the attacks can be so unpredictable. They did their best and unfortunately the enemy just didn't leak enough information so they could've prevented today's attacks from happening.

With the help of this amazing thing called "Internet", people all around from the world are closer to each other than ever before. Getting in contact with you (yes, you too) has been a tremendous delight for me and very likely for you too. Let's continue to strengthen this feeling by using ofpec.com and it's great IRC channel #ofpec @ QuakeNet as often as we can to communicate and learn about each other and from each other and thus reducing the probability of hostilities between nations, religions and races.

Anyway, UK folks don't get depressed of this. You have our support. Continue your daily life as usual, that's the best thing you can do now to keep your country's wheels rolling.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #6 on: 08 Jul 2005, 02:11:06 »
Today, no matter where we are from, we are ALL Londoners.

For terrorists to attack the British is the grossest stupidity imaginable. These are the one people you would leave well alone.

Just say no to bugz

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #7 on: 08 Jul 2005, 02:21:26 »
I add my voice to those bringing messages of sympathy and support.

My heart goes out to all effected by this terrible, senseless tragedy. :(

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #8 on: 08 Jul 2005, 02:52:50 »
My Support and Sympathy to all those affected.

I have family in London and i went mad last night ringing to see if they were all ok and luckily they all were.

These certainly are trying times but the resolve of the British people is remarkable.

Mikero said it best

"Today, no matter where we are from, we are ALL Londoners."

Tim Pink
« Last Edit: 08 Jul 2005, 02:53:07 by Tim Pink »
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 08 Jul 2005, 06:20:45 »
All I felt when I came home from work today and turned on the TV was shock. Total shock. I'm obviously not a Londoner, nor have I ever been to the UK, but I still felt sorrow for the victims and their families in this vicious attack.

My prayers and condolances are with the citizens of London.

Morglor9

Edit: Every Canadian flag I've seen flying today was at half-mast.
« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2005, 01:32:41 by Morglor9 »
Cymbaline

Offline Killzone

• Members
  • War is the true Enemy
« Reply #10 on: 08 Jul 2005, 15:23:12 »
Let me say My heart goes out to all our friends in the U.K. for this act of violence and murder.  :'(

"Everyone dies so deal with it and move on"

ME

Bluelikeu

« Reply #11 on: 24 Jul 2005, 18:53:39 »
I just would like to express my condolences for those who were killed in the Sharm El Sheikh bomb attacks, as I was quite close to the event.