Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MH60 first addon  (Read 3788 times)

ofpeditor

Re:MH60 first addon
« Reply #15 on: 14 Oct 2002, 01:03:33 »
crampski
if you followed the DAP saga, you'd realize the DAP was not incorrectly named, because at the time of release they were still works in progess with TJP ;D. When TJP got a facelift into BAS, the project fell through the seat cushions, per se. However, we at BAS picked up on the projects and are still working on them and the new revamped correct DAPs should be released with the Spec Ops Choppers.
Check out the BAS webpage for more details:
http://www.concept-5.com/ballistic/

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #16 on: 14 Oct 2002, 13:08:33 »
Tis true, tis true ;)

The BAS H-60 fleet will be releasd soon, (after 1.85 patch, so hold on :))

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #17 on: 15 Oct 2002, 20:08:30 »
well, the 1.85 patch is out now so now more "it'll be out soon"....right :-) yall guys upgrade the site so we can see what we should be expecting?

Eviscerator

« Reply #18 on: 15 Oct 2002, 20:13:50 »
well....its going to be a lot longer, as it wont be based on the demo blackhawk anymore as we are making a brand new UH-60L model to base the MH-60's on, all the extra bits are done but it will probably be a couple of months before the MH-60's are released (as the whole blackhawk model will need texturing)

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #19 on: 16 Oct 2002, 00:16:58 »
LOL...a couple of months...WTF dude?!?! on the BA site it says there is a model almost done!?!? what's going on? but then again "almost" seems to be the favorite term for some modders.  A suggestion....give the project to someone else who isn't doing anything else BA's record isn't too stellar right now...the models that are claimed to be under construction have been released and fixed and released again by other modders who aren't running into the troubles yall are having...mainly the MH-6 ...the model that was released recently by Drakken gets the job done..and there's also cpt. moores...move on to something else...I understand that these things take time but dang dude...BA has supposedly been workin on these addon since before Red Hammer.....the fact that this new modder crampski has made more progess than yall have on the 60 should be a clue something is TERRIBLY WRONG.....

Eviscerator

« Reply #20 on: 16 Oct 2002, 00:59:40 »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2002, 01:10:26 by Eviscerator »

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: 16 Oct 2002, 02:45:01 »
evis,

hey, i with you man. if you say a couple of months, then so be it. i wish that there is a modder out there who could paint deadmeat's uh-60 with minigun black. so, it would then tide us over until you guys release your helicopters. i'm a patient man and you guys are the ones taking the time to do this work, so noone has grounds to complain about when stuff comes out. if i was in your position, i would provide no updates and just let the addon continue with developement in secrecy, because all the anticipation is making people antsy, they want their hands on this addon and they don't have the patience to wait. so, i recommend keeping your work under wraps until it is done or until you have a definite release date. that is just my two cents worth and i hope someone will do deadmeat's uh60. peace and keep up the good work.

Schoeler

« Reply #22 on: 16 Oct 2002, 03:18:45 »
Evisc,

I would have to agree with bugkill on this one.  I talk with you and the other BAS guys all the time, so I know you will do what you say you will do, and that you will do it the RIGHT WAY the FIRST TIME.  For that quality of work I have always been willing to wait.  Unfortunately some people are not.  For those people it would be best if they didn't know what was coming and were instead pleasantly surprised with its release.  For the rest of us who PM each other regularly and have the patience to appreciate a long-term dedication to a project, I'm sure that the information being passed will not cease.  Keep up the good work BAS as I'm sure the final product will be worth waiting for.  As for the critics, these guys have talent, they have lives (including wives, girlfriends, jobs and families) and they offer their talent and their hardwork and a hell of a lot of their free time they could be spending somewhere else just to improve A COMPUTER GAME for you, all without compensation and usually with a lot of accompanying bullsh*t and unnecessarily harsh criticism.  Give 'em a break and be patient or volunteer your services, otherwise just wait like the rest of us who lack the skills to do anything but play the game.

Eviscerator

« Reply #23 on: 16 Oct 2002, 04:27:33 »
i think releasing a stopgap MH-60L based on the old demo model is a good idea, ill pass it along to the other guys and see what they say

ofpeditor

« Reply #24 on: 16 Oct 2002, 10:03:30 »
futurehornetdriver
who aren't running into the troubles yall are having
the fact that this new modder crampski has made more progess than yall have on the 60 should be a clue something is TERRIBLY WRONG.....

both of your comments I find ridiculously funny. i pose these two questions for you to ponder:

in regards to quote 1 -
exactly how would you ever know if BAS were running into troubles? Seems to me, looking from inside BAS, there isn't a single thing we're having trouble with mate. We're working to our goal, and our goal was not to get things done quickly and haphazardly. Unless you hear us comment, "we're having trouble," don't assume. Assuming makes you look like an ass.
in regards to question 2 -
progress can never be gauged without comparison. Unless you have a model from BAS that you can compare with, then it is impossible for you to say that anyone has made more progress, per se. and btw, to reiterate what Evis mentioned, we're rebuilding the 60 model altogether, from skematics and diagrams, and are abandoning the demo model of the 60. its going to take time, understand that. so with that in mind, don't compare, it's impossible to.

Take that into consideration, and be patient. We strive not to please impatienience, but look to reach for realism.
Cheers mate
ofpeditor