Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: retreat?  (Read 1219 times)

Goatcheese

retreat?
« on: 26 Jun 2005, 11:18:46 »
hey im making a mission based on the D-day landings at omaha beach...i was wondering if its possible to make enemy squads retreat from their main line of defence bak to a second line of defence when they realise that they are about to get an ass kicking....wat would b better....to make the squads retreat when half of them are dead..or...make a trigegr when a certain number of enemies overall are killed then the reest of the survivours retreat to the second line?....firstly..is it possible to do the later one....and if so how do i do this?  (any other ideas for a reatreating enemy would b greatly appreciated) thanx

P.S. i want every single person to retreat when they are getting overwhelmed and some of them arent in squads the others are ???

Goatcheese

Re:retreat?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2005, 11:19:53 »
i just had another thought.....wat about a trigger?.....mayb this can detect how many guys are left and make the rest of the bad guys retreat??.............or....would this require a certain script?

thanx

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2005, 11:58:51 »
nope no script but how about when the allied forces get to a certain position like right next to their bunkers then they start to retreat ?
anyway the other line about when there are a certain amount of enemys left is
Code: [Select]
{alive _x} count units group enemyeast == 4 that will activate when there are 4 men in the squad called enemyeastthat should work fine thats what i use

Goatcheese

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2005, 12:06:36 »
ok thanx for that ill try it out...as for the other thing...i like the idea about the allies getting to a certain position (e.g right next to bunkers)...how would i do that?

qqqqqq

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2005, 12:54:13 »
Give each group the waypoints you want, including the retreat.   Use switch triggers to control which waypoint the group is on.   There is a switch trigger tute if you need it.    The triggers can be fired by any condition you want, casualties, enemy present in a certain area, combination of both, whatever.     But don't use == for number left in the group, use <= in case an explosion or something takes the number from 5 to 3 in one go.   Almost never use == in OFP.

Goatcheese

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2005, 12:57:15 »
ok ill give that a shot thanx  ;D

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2005, 13:01:14 »
for the allies getting close to the bunker create a trigger west present and change it to switch change to axis to create it to the riht size then syqronise (f5) all the waypoints before the retreat one.

Goatcheese

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2005, 13:09:09 »
ok thanx...but theres one thing i dont understand...u say i hav to syncronize all the waypoints before the retreat one...the thing is..there are no waypoints befre the retreat one....the germans are standing in and around the bunker and they are defending the area while the allies land...so wat do i do then if i only hav one waypoint which is the retreat one?  ???

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2005, 13:34:01 »
well you will have to give them a waypoint on top of them selves so they basically dont move then syqronise the trigger the there first waypoints

Goatcheese

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 2005, 13:43:29 »
oh ok..well ill give it a go

thanx

Goatcheese

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jun 2005, 13:53:11 »
ok thanx it works ;D thanx for all ur help im just glad i got this one figured out now ::)