Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Baaaad proooobbleemmmmm  (Read 614 times)

Corben Dallas

Baaaad proooobbleemmmmm
« on: 21 Jun 2005, 20:00:20 »
I have no idea where else to post this, so bedges et al, do delete it and tell me where to ask if it's a no-no.

I run a Dell 5150 laptop, 15" TFT, 2.8ghx P4, 512mb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 5200 64mb video. Should be ok, you'd think? OFP RES 1.96 (and OFP if I run that) lags real bad every 10 seconds or so. And I mean real bad! It goes so slow it almost locks up, and is almost unplayable.

I've tried Avon Lady's pages and ideas, check what services are running, etc., disconnected the DSL cable, unloaded the network services, put textures and landscape into absolute minimum in Prefs and the game, and so on.

Nothing stops it! The above do decrease it slightly, but it still continues.  >:(

This is ruining my fun. Has anyone else experienced and fixed this..?
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2005, 20:00:34 by Corben Dallas »

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
Re:Baaaad proooobbleemmmmm
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2005, 20:23:22 »
I'd like to point you to;

troubleshooting

at the official forums, as OFPEC is an editing only site and doesn't want to use worthfull resources for system or game
troubleshooting (too understandable, as resources = money being paid from pocket or if available from donations).

A tip for you; try there also first the search function, maybe in combo with your laptop type or so  ;)

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Corben Dallas

Re:Baaaad proooobbleemmmmm
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2005, 20:40:27 »
Thanks Chris. I realise that OFPEC is not a troubleshooting site, but wondered if there was a part I'd missed which would help.

I'll 'Solve' this thread to save further annoyance to moderators.

Anyone with ideas or similar experience, please PM me. Thanks 8)
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2005, 20:41:01 by Corben Dallas »