Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: squad knows about any east  (Read 578 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
squad knows about any east
« on: 14 Jun 2005, 16:33:27 »
infact edit this question i found the answer now i need to find what group the player actually knows about for example

Code: [Select]
#begin
player knows about east goto "who"
~3
goto "begin"

#who
return what group the player or the players group knows about
? it is grp1 : goto "call"

#call
call function "get dir"
call function "get dist"
plyer sidechat "Contact _dir _dist" <should say for eg. Contact 2oclock 120m>
? _dist <= 120 : group player open fire
#fire
? _dist >= 120 : group player hold fire unless enemy squad knows about players group
? grp1 is dead : goto "begin"
? !grp1 is dead : goto "fire"

As you can tell that is nowhere near the right syntax so what would be also im going to use
snYpirs dirtopos and his distacnepos

basically the script tells you what i want to do but i dont know half the things like #who, and also the rest wich leads to my questions
1. What do i do to find in my little chat in it the distacne and direction of the group
2. how can i find out what group the player knows about
3. would i actually use _dir to make the script tell me the direction of the enemy if the funstion says this
// return dir
_dir

i think thats all i need to know for know but when ive got this nailed im going to start checking what soldier would be best to engage the target for example if the enemy is 200metres away group goes to hold fire and if there is a sniper with a high skill that player is told to engage but we dont need to wory about this for now
also is this possible what im trying to do if not please say so i can give up instead of losing all my hair then finding out it is impossible
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2005, 17:22:27 by 456820 »