Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: basic shrapnel script  (Read 847 times)

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
basic shrapnel script
« on: 26 May 2005, 00:16:24 »
could sombody make a script where one can just specify an object and activate a script and the script will shoot like 100 pistol bullets in all different directions simulating shrapnel.

and if the editor wants he can just use a trigger or GL to specify the position like a mine or he could use a get Fired EH and then create a shapnel thing in the spot where the round stopped as in an airbust artillary or a frg grenade.

i dont need or want any explosion, just the pistol bullets.

can sombody do that?

thanks in advance.

StonedSoldier

Re:basic shrapnel script
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2005, 00:44:50 »
ok, i think this is basically what your after (demo mission included), but ill happily tailor it to your own needs.

download link

Grendel

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2005, 17:50:02 »
One thing I did when making my shrapnel script for claymores and VT Airburst Arty, was make a config for a new bullet class specially for shrapnel.

I made the indirect hit value high enough to be lethal, and gave it a indirect hit range of about 5m. This saved A LOT of cpu cycles, as I did not have to create a huge loop of camcreated bullets to make it effective.

I also added drop effects to enhance the bullet impact and create the illusion of more impacts than are actually occuring. In short, it is a less cpu intensive alternative.

Since my Great Crash of 2004, I have lost that tiny little .pbo but I need to redo it anyway, so if you are interested...

-Grendel

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2005, 01:28:20 »
ok, stoned soldier

could u ajust it to be like in my first post

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jun 2005, 18:22:05 »
ok, well, ive done some experimenting and, ive found out that the scipt only makes shrapnel to the sides, not above and below.