Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Laser Designator use?  (Read 660 times)

Offline Scarophion

• Members
Laser Designator use?
« on: 30 May 2005, 13:18:59 »
Hey guys,
I'm just a little curious as to how the laser designator works. I tried it once with the editor, but that was about 2 years ago and I haven't touched the editor since ;)
I think I had an A10 LGB and a Black OP (controlled by me). Pretty sure that I waypointed the A10 to destroy some tanks, and I targetted them with the laser. Not completely sure though.

So if anyone knows the proper way to do this, please tell me :D

Offline Marvin

• Members
  • One day they will come
Re:Laser Designator use?
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2005, 14:28:18 »
I noticed, if you place chopper in editor (AH1), and start to target ground with your laser infront of him, AH1 starting to shoot at the ground, where the red dot placed, i`m shure that he shout out all rockets what he have, on the point where i was targeting!
Is there any games than Flashpoint?

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2005, 14:37:03 »
read this. ;)

Offline sharkyjoe

• Members
  • Have you taken a BMP out at 500 meters??
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2005, 20:05:36 »
Also, in addition Bedges link you may want to Look at SnYpirs Sp/Mp pack. Found here in the Editors Depot under Mod Editing.
"The laser designator can be used to select a target location instead of the map (the system automatically detects when the designator is designating)."

Using his support Pack in mission making may go a long way in helping you Out! ;)
Remember the 7 Ps??--- Proper Previous Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance

Offline Scarophion

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2005, 20:35:19 »
Thanks a lot guys. I'll have to give it a thorough read and get back into scripting ;D

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2005, 20:45:36 »
and that Bis mission erm laser i think anyway unpbo it and have alook how bis did it it might help

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2005, 09:34:28 »
Snypir's tut tells you how to use the LD in scripts. If you just want to use the LD to have an A10 drop bombs on a target, then check this thread here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=417403cace7067e058725d5289ac3f0c;act=ST;f=3;t=46269

In short, you just turn on the LD, then tell your plane to attack the laser target. Very simple to use, and very effective.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!