Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: African Style pickups with weapons  (Read 1260 times)

BlackDeath7

African Style pickups with weapons
« on: 30 May 2005, 21:49:26 »
Hey guys,

I know there are a couple of African unit packs out there (for example, BAS's pack).  However, I am disappointed to find out they don't come with the rusty old pickup trucks with machineguns in the back.  These units are used very often in African conflicts, like the ones happening right now.
     I think that an addon like that would be a great benefit to the OFP community.  
     Here are a couple of ideas I just thought of:  Rusty pickup with machinegun in back, Rusty pickup with RPG launcher/grenade launcher in back, and a "cargo" version where you can put soldiers in the back of the truck.  Of course if I had any editing ability I would do it myself, but I don't, so I am asking the community for help.  Thoughts, opinions, complaints?

Coldfire

Re:African Style pickups with weapons
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2005, 21:54:36 »
I belive what you ar refering to are called "technicals" and there are a few already released (though none are paticularly great)

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2005, 22:11:41 »
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

BlackDeath7

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2005, 01:24:11 »
It seems every technical out there is missing at least one important detail that makes it seem out of place or useless.  The "hilux" is too flashy and nice for a poverty stricken country.  The fleetside pickup doesn't have any weapons and can't fit anyone in the back.  Someone needs to make a "happy medium".

Coldfire

« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2005, 04:19:58 »
somone made a really nice old and rusty 1960's pickup awhile back, it wouldn't be too hard to add a MG to the back and some cargo space.

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2005, 09:49:15 »
Heres the 1965 pickup
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8284

I did have a go at making a 1965 one with an MG using a script. Look for it on the 2nd link I gave if you want to have a look.  ;)
RAAB

Stinky Nut Rappa

« Reply #6 on: 03 Jun 2005, 15:05:12 »
i wonder if you can take the textures off the black hawk down technicals, those are great, proper rusty toyota pickups with a nice .50cal

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jun 2005, 18:09:54 »
The new AfganEveron pack comes with a technical, but its in need of a few tune ups. It has no optics view, and is very hard to use. Here it is anyway:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8448
RAAB