Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: FDF mod  (Read 3968 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
FDF mod
« on: 12 May 2005, 18:16:23 »
ive been thinking od dsownloading FDF mod the orignal V1.3 i think the latest and i have been thinking if i should download it
Well ive been on their site and they dont really explaing about the mod

Is it a replacement mod?
Does anyone have any pic's of it?
can anyone explain what its about?
And i supose finaly is it worth downloading?

Also i basically want to know all you can sa about the mod

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
Re:FDF mod
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2005, 18:45:11 »
What!?

You don't have FDF Mod yet? Then download it now!

I tell you!

It's the best mod I have ever tried and I have tried all the other big mods.

It's (of course) about Finnish Defence Forces and includes a lot of stuff we have in use here in Finland.

The very high quality weapon sounds is a reason good enough alone to download it. I am very impressed every time I fire some of FDF Mod's weapons because they sound very close to what I experienced during my military service in FDF.

You won't be disappointed.

On this site:

http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/addons.php

you can find more stuff to download that fits perfectly to FDF Mod.

:)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2005, 18:51:01 »
right downloading now but im going to check out that weiste but can you explain some kind of missions in it
Are there any winter misssions and if you play ofp with FDF mod does that mean when you play any ofp mission does thatturn all the units in it to FDF ones

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2005, 18:53:25 »
also you say its one of the best mods youve seen and played well have you played the FlashFx unit replcaement mod thats a great mod

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2005, 18:54:34 »
Yep, what Baddo said is basically all true  ;D

Even if you don't paticulaly jump several metres in the air at the thought of playing as Finnish soldiers, you will still enjoy it, and learn lots about the Finnish army and weapons.  ;)

But in answer to your questions.
1. No, its not a replacement mod. But it does come with a lot of new units. However, it makes the resistance speak Finnish, and, as Baddo said, makes gun sounds much more realistic.
2. http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/addons.php
3. The campaign basically follows a Finnish soldier stationed on Nogova. Communist Rebels attack, and after a while, Russia is shown behind the rebellion. So you get shipped off to Finland where you desperatly hold off a huge Russian army attempting to cross the border (I think) . I'll let you find out the rest  ;)
4. It is worth downloading. When you play the missions on a snow covered landscape, with such high quality troops, and new music put together it just has this really good feel to the game. Hard to explain  ;D
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2005, 19:02:47 »
No it does not turn every unit to FDF units. You can still start OFP without FDF Mod if you want to. And from FDF Mod, you can still play the original OFP campaigns and missions without problems. It doesn't do anything bad to the original OFP installation.

One thing I want you to remember: if you play online, do not load any mods if you play on a server that doesn't use any mods. Run the original OFP as clean as possible in those situations.

And yes, there are winter missions and I personally like the winter environment very much, it's a great add to the atmosphere.

Maybe the best thing for you would be to play the campaign first that comes with the FDF Mod. And IIRC, there comes also single player missions with the mod.

Then there is this site:

http://fdf.joltan.de/

where you can download more missions.

Of course playing online is a great experience too with FDF Mod.

Don't forget to play in the mission editor and check out all the new units and vehicles the mod has added to the menus there.

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2005, 19:06:29 »
So you get shipped off to Finland where you desperatly hold off a huge Russian army attempting to cross the border (I think) .

Yes.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2005, 19:06:39 by Baddo »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2005, 19:23:20 »
sounds great and the download is now at 42% hopefully it will speed up so is it wise to use a mod folder for this or is it like tonal island put the addons in the addon folder and the missions in the mission folder and play.
And also it has winter missions and no winter ones so does it go through the year.
And that desert patch is that worth it What does that one do

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2005, 20:12:14 »
I recommend: download all addons you see listed in the LDD Kyllikki Addons page. They are all worth the downloading.

The FDF Mod has an installer and it installs to a mod folder, you'll see ;)

The rest what didn't come with the mod you have to install as in their readme files are told. And I mean it, put all the extra addons you might have downloaded to the folders told in their readme's, or you'll get error messages while playing. I can tell this from experience. Everything might work but you'll get annoying error messages.

The desert pack adds FDF Desert units which is pretty odd to me but it adds a great island, Al Maldajah which is pretty good.

I would say, download all stuff that is required to play in LDD Kyllikki server and you'll have a good addon pack for FDF Mod.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2005, 21:05:06 by Baddo »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2005, 08:53:56 »
hey thanks for recomending it its great but the campaign is alittle slow at the begining im p to mission 6 i think.
Anyway i cecked out some of the single player missions then i rememebr downloading this mod about 5 months ago then that time there was a mission where you parachute with your squad in the winter with snow and all that but i couldnt find it is that mission meant to be there or was it taken out in a later fdf mod release

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2005, 12:00:21 »
Hmmm...

You could search for the mission from

http://fdf.joltan.de/

And in the LDD Kyllikki site you can find mission packs:

http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/downloads/index.php

There's one single player mission pack and three multiplayer mission packs. I'm sure the mission you are looking for is somewhere there. Maybe it is a multiplayer mission instead of single player...?

:P

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2005, 14:03:58 »
Just wondering, but is the desert pack anywhere near as good and worth downloading as the whole mod was?

I mean, does it have any new units, or just the original Jaegers in desert colour?  ;D
« Last Edit: 15 May 2005, 14:04:11 by greg147 »
RAAB

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2005, 19:27:52 »
Desert pack is worth the downloading. I didn't like everything that came with it but the island Al Maldajah alone is good enough reason to download the pack. Judge the rest by yourself.

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #13 on: 25 May 2005, 21:51:13 »
Downloaded it acouple of days ago.  ;D

The island is very interresting. At a first sight, I though Ah crap. I just downloaded 70MBs of FDF and all I get is a retextured Malden.

But then I saw that they've added loads to it in the way of land, changed the roads, made the buildings ruined ones, added bridges and 3 or so airbases. As well as changing just about every aspect into middle east form, and even done a demo mission thats worth playing :o

Its well worth the download  :thumbsup:
RAAB

BlackDeath7

« Reply #14 on: 28 May 2005, 15:24:54 »
This mod is very worth the download, it rocks!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #15 on: 02 Jun 2005, 14:16:13 »
okay ive been having a look at some missions to download but there are no good winter ones im still looking for the one where you start of in a plane and parachute out then my comp froze for some reason
it migh be in an older pack becuase i downloaded it sometime ago well a very long time ago i didnt download any extra missions and also the pack i downloaded didnt have many other single player missions not the same amount that version 3 does
does anyone have a link where i can get an lder version
also can someone recomven some missions to download.
cheers

EDIT- Erm ive been shot by a sniper and the campaign says to e continued is this like a punishemt or something, what do i do know ?
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2005, 15:01:33 by 456820 »

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #16 on: 02 Jun 2005, 16:20:09 »
Thats the end of the campaign, when you get shot by the sniper  ;)

Don't spend any time trying to get around it. I managed to swim across the river, injured myself in the process, crawled all the way to the base, just to find nobody was there  :-[

Complete waste of time.

Anyway, thats the end of the campaign. Well done  ;D
RAAB

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #17 on: 02 Jun 2005, 16:26:21 »
but i thought there were winter missions, ive seen pics of winter missions in the campaign, and in the begining it says winter is coming eraly to be truthull im a little disapoionted about that i thought it was going to have winter missions and so on plsu when i go back in the campaign menu it doesnt say the end or anything no sign of me comleting it just 18. cant remember name
oh well can you recomned downloading any missions ?

EDIT - When will the res of the campaign continue does anone know ?
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2005, 16:28:42 by 456820 »

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #18 on: 05 Jun 2005, 13:05:55 »
EDIT - When will the res of the campaign continue does anone know ?

I have understood that the campaign is very likely not to be continued. But I hope I am wrong. But it's better not to wait for it to be continued. All signs indicate that they are not working on it.

As what comes to the winter missions, there are great multiplayer winter missions. You can dig them out from the FDF Mod mission repository. You can play them as single player too, just make a host on your own machine and take a squad leader's position and keep the other team members as AI to help you out.

I can recommend for example the mission New Years Day by Warrior Xâ„¢, it's a good one imho.

There are also many single player winter missions in the FDF Mod mission repository.
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2005, 13:06:09 by Baddo »