Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Weapon Design  (Read 6855 times)

Coldfire

Re:Weapon Design
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2005, 20:39:30 »
Awsome work! Thanks a bunch for the effort :D

Now we just need a config... unfourtunatly I'm still just learning how to make a config but I could give it a shot if necassary. Still, I'd rather somone more experienced do it.

Coldfire

« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2005, 01:00:55 »
Alas, I have discoved I am WAY over my head in trying to write a config for the M-7C:beat:... if we want to actually finish this weapon this year then somone else will have to do the config work, sorry :(

Offline Pooj

• Members
  • Royal Netherlands Army
« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2005, 11:57:39 »
About the P-90, 50 rounds go in one magazine. At least the last time I fired it ;).

repta

« Reply #18 on: 30 Jun 2005, 03:33:54 »
here is mine, the XT-10. it fires 5.56mm in the main barrel, 50rd mag. 15mm in the secondary barrel. 6rd mag. 2.5x scope, flashlight on the front grip. silencer(optional)

Dragon16

« Reply #19 on: 30 Jun 2005, 09:44:32 »
If any of you guys want help making, scripting or texturing these guns ill be more then happy to offer my services. Or if you guys want to make a colab attempt at a weapon pack ill help with that as well.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #20 on: 30 Jun 2005, 14:32:16 »
The M-7 Carbine model
Has weird scope I got bored and made (Found a optics tutorial and wanted to try), no config or textures though :(

I'll be happy to write some scripts if needed, but I dont really have time to model anything more
- Ben

repta

« Reply #21 on: 30 Jun 2005, 17:24:56 »
We should make a MOD, something like "Nogova 2035". we could make some vehicles, units, and guns. anyways here is another gun, the M-12 Modular Assualt Rifle. there are more versions to come(Grenadlaunchers and such).

Dragon16

« Reply #22 on: 30 Jun 2005, 18:09:31 »
Well Gentlemen my skills are at your command. Just say and i can begin modelling, texturing(what im beat at) or scripting.

repta

« Reply #23 on: 30 Jun 2005, 18:44:08 »
Great! i cant do hardly anything, except design weapons and vehicles( i can come up with ideas for units, but i cant draw them).we should make a island too, Nogova 2035 with new buildings and such. i have a new version of the M-12, the M12GL.

Coldfire

« Reply #24 on: 30 Jun 2005, 23:14:59 »
Well I've been a bit busy since this thread got started as well. If you want to I have another carbine design here...

Introducing the M-85c, a small, specially designed weapon ment to take on lightly armored targets (I.E. infantry wearing body armor, jeeps, etc.) It fires a specially made 5.56x80mm hard-tipped round. Because the bullet is low-caliber but high-velocity, the weapons recoil is still managable (especially with the recoil-absorbant buttstock) while providing a decent punch and good accuracy over short-medium range.

Thanks for all the top of the line work already done, and all the offers to help make these weapons :) :D
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2005, 23:17:38 by Coldfire »

repta

« Reply #25 on: 01 Jul 2005, 00:48:09 »
coldfire, what program do u use to draw the guns

Coldfire

« Reply #26 on: 01 Jul 2005, 00:56:17 »
MS Paint :P lol

repta

« Reply #27 on: 01 Jul 2005, 01:16:02 »
me too, but ur lines look different than mine, ohh well.

repta

« Reply #28 on: 01 Jul 2005, 01:45:58 »
i have modified the m-70 just a bit. it is now a LMG. the mag is in the same place, it is just a box mag now( no belt though, it is fed through the top of the mag). It fires in 4rd controlled bursts only. i have the sounds for the m-70 and the m-12 done. they have a cool futuristic yet realistic sound. no reloads for them yet.

Coldfire

« Reply #29 on: 01 Jul 2005, 02:31:35 »
Kickass news about the sounds :D thanks a bunch.

Good Idea about the box mag, but if I were gonna make a LMG out of the M-70 I'd add a bipod and a heavier barrel, and make it fire full-auto. That way you can provide suppressing fire, and you wouldn't have to worry about the barrel over-heating as much. Recoil might be a problem, though.

As for the lines in MS paint.. there should be a little option in the sidebar when you select "Lines" that lets you change how thick they are. Also, if you hold down "shift" and drag a line it automatically makes it straight. Just a usefull little tip ;)