Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Call Signs in Game  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Dragon 6

• Members
  • CENTCOM
    • [url=http://imageshack.us][img=http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/7548/dragon6ua7.jpg][/url]
Call Signs in Game
« on: 20 Apr 2005, 13:53:13 »
Help!!!
Can someone tell me why none of these callsigns correspond to call signs used in  the game. Maybe one has sometime to look at this. Please!  

_player = [squad0,"player",["BLACK6",_none],1.0,"marker_squad0",[""],-1,[]]   

;waypoint insert
; _wp_squad1 = [[getPos hlp,[_safe,[_proceed]],[getPos hp2,[_assault,"RED"],[_wait]]]   

_squad1 = [squad1, "AR",["Alpha red",_red],0.5,"marker_squad1",[""],-1,[]]
   _squad2 = [squad2, "AB",["Alpha Blue",_blue],0.5,"marker_squad2",[""],-1,[]]
   _squad3 = [squad3, "AW",["Alpha White",_white],0.5,"marker_squad3",[""],-1,[]]

_squad4 = [squad4, "BBlack5",["Bravo BLACK5",_green],0.5,"marker_squad4",[""],-1,[]]
   _squad5 = [squad5, "BG",["Bravo Green",_green],0.5,"marker_squad5",[""],-1,[]]
   _squad6 = [squad6, "BR",["Bravo Red",_green],0.5,"marker_squad6",[""],-1,[]]
   _squad7 = [squad7, "BW",["Bravo White",_green],0.5,"marker_squad7",[""],-1,[]]

_squad8 = [squad8, "CO",["Romeo",_none],0.5,"marker_squad8",[""],-1,[]]
   _squad9 = [squad9, "Plt1",["Romeo1",_none],0.5,"marker_squad9",[""],-1,[]]
   _squad10 = [squad10, "Plt2",["Romeo2",_none],0.5,"marker_squad10",[""],-1,[]]

_squad11 = [squad11, "Tack1",["Mike",_none],0.5,"marker_squad11",[""],-1,[]]
      _squad12 = [squad12, "Tack2",["Kilo",_none],0.5,"marker_squad12",[""],-1,[]]
      _squad13 = [squad13, "Recon1",["Juliet",_none],0.5,"marker_squad13",[""],-1,[]]
      _squad14 = [squad14, "ATK2",["Papa",_none],1.0,"marker_squad14",[""],-1,[]]
   _squad15 = [squad15, "Stinger1",["Lima",_none],1.0,"marker_squad15",[""],-1,[]]
      _squad16 = [squad16, "Vulcan",["Zulu",_none],1.0,"marker_squad16",[""],-1,[]]    
      _squad17 = [squad17, "Tack1-2",["Mike2",_none],1.0,"marker_squad17",[""],-1,[]]
      _squad18 = [squad18, "Plt3",["Romeo3",_none],0.5,"marker_squad18",[""],-1,[]]

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:Call Signs in Game
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2005, 20:25:30 »
Um... I don't understand the question. Those aren't callsigns, those are arrays that could be used for anything. It looks like you took part of a script and posted it here, so where is the rest of the script? What doesn't work about the script?
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2005, 11:54:07 »
First what i can see by just looking onto each of your arrays:

Code: [Select]
_player = [squad0,"player",["BLACK6",_none],1.0,"marker_squad0",[""],-1,[]
There's one close-bracket missing everywhere:

Summary of your brackets:
[ [ ] [ ] [ ]

Comparing open- close-:

[ [ [ [
] ] ]

You see?

Should be:

[ [ [ [
] ] ] ]

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2005, 12:05:01 »
Dragon6, as you can see from the replies so far, the way you presented your problem doesn't make it possible for people to answer the question you have.

Do you see why?

What people see there is, just like Barron said, just a set of arrays that could be used for just about anything (and they need closing brackets too).

Now, I happen to know where arrays of that shape and form are used, but think of it from the point of most people here on OFPEC. To them, it's just a bunch of arrays taken out of context and asking about "these callsigns" will get you answers like the two above.

If you tell the readers of OFPEC a little about where it comes from and what the problem is, I'll be happy to present the solution to you.

PS. This thread does not belong in the Multiplayer forum since the problems are related to something that's only useable in SP.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2005, 12:07:03 by Killswitch »

Offline Dragon 6

• Members
  • CENTCOM
    • [url=http://imageshack.us][img=http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/7548/dragon6ua7.jpg][/url]
« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2005, 21:56:29 »
 :) Ok Guys you done good.  But this is part of a userinit from the CoC.. But I guest you guy`s userinit looks abit different. Maybe one of you professional editers would be so nice as to send me or post what a  userinit should look like. Something that has to do with M1A2s, M2A2, Ah-64s, things of that nature.  But I have figured out half of the problem. But I do have another problem. I have this M109 ADATS in one of my missions and it has a basic load of 8 missiles, and I never know when it has fired all it`s Missiles. Is there a script you guys can come up with that would let the CMDR know that they need to be resupplied. If you guys can`t help with this, maybe you know some forum to go to.
killswitch thanks for your constructive criticism, it is in with good taste.

Dragon6

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2005, 00:43:02 »
They posted a script in CoC forum for reloading CoC artillery