Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Infantry Request - Resident Evil (But not related to the games, as such)  (Read 2083 times)

4th Dimension

Ok, before I start I have to say that I have seen the Resident Evil thread, but this 'mod' is totally unrelated a that I can write in proper sentences and punctuate my work. I have planned a Resident Evil Campaign or Map Pack of 'escape the island' type maps, but I need a few custom addons and that is something I can't do.

I need a couple of people of people experienced in creating good quality infantry (specs. etc later). You don't need to be a Resident Evil fan to take part in this mod's creation as I will keep it unrelated from the game (or film - urg) except that the main characters will star in it. The missions that are intended to be created with the created addons will be lengthy and expansive, highly detailed with custon voiceovers that will require the player to think, as well as shoot large amounts of zombies (don't worry - the infantry will not include zombies).

I really cannot create infantry or other addons of any kind and am only experienced in mission creation so I depend totally on the community of this site to help me. Please, if you are interested post here and PM me. Or, if you have any questions, just ask.

Infantry Specs:
4 Female (2 The Same with Alt. Clothes)
3 Male
Custom models, loadouts, blood textures and 'wound sounds' will be required. (If there are any 'wound sounds' that are female or sound like a female they can be used - I don't want a female character to make male sounds - it may be a little unsetteling for the person playing the mission - oh - and custom faces.

Please note - you don't even have to know what the characters look like, I will provide multiple screenshots to help you.

Female:
Infantry based on RE Character: Jill Valentine w/ RE 3 clothes (with a slightly longer skirt)
Infantry based on RE Character: Jill Valentine w/ RE 1 Remake clothes
Infantry based on RE Character: Claire Redfield
Infantry based on RE Character: Ashley (RE4) (For hostage situations)

Male:
Infantry based on RE Character: Leon S Kennedy w/ RE 4 clothes
Infantry based on RE Character: Chris Redfield
Infantry: Racoon Police

4th Dimension

I must say to things that may encourage people to participate:

1. This mod shall NOT be abandoned like so many other Resident Evil modifications and I promise the community of Operation Flashpoint that I will not end the development before I have released the pack/mod to the community. I however, hope not to end development while their is still help for the mod and a community to recieve it.

2. People taking part in the mod will not be unrewarded, as well as having the usual recognition in the credits of the mod, the developers of addons will get to take part in the beta testing of the mod (a privaledge given to no others unless very much needed), as well as recieving up to the minute news on development.

4th Dimension

Taking part in the creation of this pack/mod will be as flexible as the participants want - you can opt to create one infantry or a group of them - you can decide what you want to make. However, there are a few prequesites for staff:
- Must be experienced in creating infantry
- Can provide custom 'wound sounds'
- Can make custom faces.
- Can make realistic and slightly over the top wound textures (after all, they will have been sustained via zombie attack mostly)
- Must submit one previous piece of work for examination prior to be accepted into the staff of the group

For people who are interested, these are some pictures of the characters work wil be based on:

Jill Valentine wearing RE1 Remake clothes:

Jill Valentine wearing RE3 clothes:

Claire Redfield:

Ashley:

(On the right had side, duh!)

Chris Redfield:

Leon S Kennedy:

Raccoon Police:
General body armor squad.

Don't worry - ample number of pictures from various angles will be supplied to staff. Oh, and forgive the large images.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2005, 21:06:49 by 4th Dimension »

4th Dimension

74 views and no replies excpet the extra information that I posted? Please, if you have created infantry addons before please help.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Hmm... I could have sworn that no recruiting was allowed in the forums, but I guess the recruitment depot is down...

Anyway, I'm not trying to rain on your fire or anything (is that a saying?), but I wouldn't get your hopes too high for something like this. The fact is, I don't think there are many experienced modelers who are sitting around, waiting for someone to post an addon request for them to create.

Everyone is so addon crazy anyways... if you go look on the official forums, you will see like a dozen posts a day where someone says "hey, XXX model would be cool in game!" Usually nothing is done about it, but even if something is made, what is the point? No one uses these addons in missions, so it seems like a lot of work wasted, IMO.

I realize you want to create a campaign, so you would actually put such addons to use, which is great. If you can find a team to create the addons, and you released the addons & missions together, I would salute you. 99% of addons released today don't come with any mission at all, and half of them are never even used in other people's missions anyway.

However, like all things in OFP, you have to make due with what you have. Why can't you make this campaign with some existing female addon, or the BIS ones? Like I said before, everyone seems so addon-crazy, but truthfully, addons don't make a mission. Honestly, how much better is the campaign going to be if you have different models for the heros, instead of what is currently available? At least to me, I could care less. Most of my favorite missions all use default BIS stuff.

Good luck recruiting though.

HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

4th Dimension

I realize you want to create a campaign, so you would actually put such addons to use, which is great. If you can find a team to create the addons, and you released the addons & missions together, I would salute you. 99% of addons released today don't come with any mission at all, and half of them are never even used in other people's missions anyway.

That is exactly what is going to happen. The addons will be made and released specifically for the campaign.

Dubieman

Stop posting pics of those arse kicking women! OFP shouldn't give you those feelings. ;)

Like Gen. Barron said, addons usually don't make the mission and if you ever find a decent female model, tell me. I've never seen a good one.

As for Leon there, I beleive man 5 or 6 or 7 has a nice leather jacket or you could search civvie addons and add weapons later. And the raccoon city guys could be swat addons or riot police addons. Be creative seeing as there isn't a surplus of idle modellers. ;)  

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
by the way this thread is going, you might as well start learning how to make addons and stuff

dualation

hey 4D im gunna download the model makermajig thing soon so if you want ill help ya,i learn fast and im working on a project like this anyway,i cannot provide previous work as im new but i can tell you that im guessing im the best your gunna get from this place,the other guys being to busy/lazy/evil to help.I do however have some requests if you do decide to take me on:
1.I get the title 'the grand lord of doom' or its equally impressive equivalent.
2.You don't complain about my awful spelling and even worst typing skills.
3.You try and help me on my mod,Operation Black Dawn.

you dont have to agree to any of the above requests,as i said they are requests,not demands,oh and do you need any undead dudes? 'cause if you already have some were did you download them?if i can find some Operation Black Dawn will be a lot easyer,which BTW is an undead mod with a load of cool stuff like demons,cultists,zombies,goths and hunters.
Anyway,i hope you decide to take me on,as like i said,im probably the best you'll get from this place atleast.