Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Restore hope  (Read 1494 times)

Metalman

Restore hope
« on: 13 Apr 2005, 11:40:07 »
Yo everyone, i am fairly new to the forum. I am making a campaign based around the Mogadishu incedent. I know others have tried and failed but there is no harm in giving it ago. I was going to do the operation in differnet stages so the first mission would be the insertion and captive of Aidids men. Second mission would be where the two blackhawks go down and finally the last mission would be the extraction. You would play the part of a ranger in securing the perimeter.

I am going to use BAS addons and either sgt Gunnerys mogadishu map or tonali has both have big citys. Just wondering what everyone thought and if anyone has any ideas that they want to see in it lets us know cheers

Metalman

Re:Restore hope
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2005, 15:52:30 »
I have been looking at other peoples mission ideas and stumbled across others people ideas of a black hawk down campaigns. After reading the critaism about how hard it would be to create something like that as the limits of the ofp engine are not great with that sort of mission. So i have decided to change my idea. Keeping with the idea of using the delta force and rangers i thought about a special operations program using the Tonali island.

The storyline is like this. Adbu Shafrif leader of the Tonali Governement has been supporting the rebel forces for the past year by suppling them weapons and supplies in exhange for them to act has tonali's defence force. The governement has a short supply of men after the war between the two sides which took place between 1985 to 2004 before they decided on a cease-fire. Recently Abdu has cut of major supplies reaching civillians. Famine has struck the island on a mass scale and US forces have decided to take action against the Tonali Forces.

Any ideas on what missions should be put in to the campaign would be great. I was also thinking of the rules of engagement because under UN laws they wouldn't be able to fire unless fired upon. any ideas on missions or the storyline would be greatly appreaceated

Metalman

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2005, 20:19:04 »
Just thought id show you a scrennshot of the first mission which is an assault on Tonali airport by the Delta and rangers. What do you guys think. Has anyone got any ideas of what i could add to the campaign any interesting missions

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2005, 22:06:18 »
I was thinking of making a Tonal airfield mission not long ago, but I went off the idea. Heres what I had...

2 Dshk MGs mounted in the upper windows of the terminal building.
Su25s in the hangers, locked of course, with the objective to destroy them using a bomb script.
AA positions. The tonal AA guns with hand-made sandbag bunkers built around them, objective to destroy they with RPGs before calling in airforce.
One Su25 on the runway. When you get close to the airport, a trigger is activated and some pilots run out to the plane, and get in. If you don't destroy it or the pilot fast, it will take off and wreak havoc among your armour support.

Thats about it. Feel free to use them in your idea  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Metalman

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2005, 22:15:21 »
Similar idea to what i am doing really apart from the objective of the mission is that delta force and the us ranges are to secure the airbase and defend it untill reinforcements arrive. I like the idea of the DSHK in the terminal might change to enemy locations. thanks for the feedback.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2005, 20:14:57 »
or you could change it to first mission is insertion
second is super six one going down the first chopper
a third mission when super six 4 goes down
then a fourth would be when your pinned down by mortars and must defend the area for when the convoy gets there to load the wounded
the the 5th could be the extraction
and if you really want to a 6th mission when you go back in to collect all bodys and other stry soldiers following the delta/rangers thingy "no one gets left behind"
this could definatley be a very good campaighn as many have tried and they have all failed unless theres one i havent seen ive played the game delta force black hawk down
and wasnt to impresed with it

Metalman

« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2005, 22:04:43 »
sorry to be a pain but i have changed my idea about actually creating the actual Mogadishu campaign itself and done a fictional campaign which will have the same kind of feeling to blackhawk down. anyway i have decided to release some pictures of the first mission of the campaign that i have done these are

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 16 Apr 2005, 10:38:03 »
that looks pretty good the only thing is i dont think that playing and going through buildings work its very hard for me might just be my settings so try and stick to more of the urban combat feel
and if you could make a script wich makes soldiers stick to a corner of a building then move onto another with a cover script so they all cover each other it would look very good

Metalman

« Reply #8 on: 18 Apr 2005, 14:52:04 »
I think i may quit on this idea has most of the missions i have in mind are close combat and the ofp engine isn't capable of doing it .

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #9 on: 18 Apr 2005, 16:23:06 »
In my opinion CQB is possible in OFP. But it takes good positioning of units, and good scripting. Like, when your guy enters an area, a enemy is spawned right on the corner of a building, so it looks like he's run up and taken cover there.
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB