Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Another of my adon ideas... Motorbike, (but good)  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Woodpeckersam

• Members
  • I'm a llama! ooh! Yeah!
Another of my adon ideas... Motorbike, (but good)
« on: 02 Apr 2005, 03:01:50 »
Yo all, i have yet another idea, i dunno if it is possible but it could be...

Someone to make or modify a motorbike to have it where (like a plane) you press PAGE UP (or whateve buttons u use to raise yer plane during flight with) to make the motorbike do weelies :thumbsup:
or using the action menu that when you go at a certain speed like 88mph (Back to the future) the motorbike/ car will expand wings and the controls will change to a plane...

This could be done with a script i think, deleting current vehicle at certain driving speeds and creating an empty vehicle exactly where it was but with wings (and it puts the player inside it of course) and where it will be created, immediately setvelocity it forward (or whateva commands you use) so that it looks like the car is still driving getting ready to take off... be fun huh?
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2005, 03:02:41 by Woodpeckersam »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Another of my adon ideas... Motorbike, (but good)
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2005, 03:32:43 »
Uh... What would you use it for? ::)

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Woodpeckersam

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2005, 17:11:19 »
for a bit of fun, especially when car changes to plane.

marcus3

« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2005, 13:59:09 »
i think that wood be kinda cool but the wheelie by its self wood be just as great

RiverFeniX

« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2005, 20:22:51 »
i second this idea its awesome :P

Macheteinyaface666

« Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2005, 23:35:01 »
This sounds amazing.Following on from this how about weigh tnransfer for mid air.

Offline Woodpeckersam

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 04 Apr 2005, 20:25:22 »
Exactly this would be great! IF anyone can make addons and animations here, why not give it a try if you have the time:)

p.s: Do stunts on bike (bike animations.. that'd be great ffor some kind of intros where you need to pick someone up but u see them doing bike moves.. etc etc..  Be fantastic!

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 04 Apr 2005, 20:56:07 »
I'm pretty sure someone made a Suzki GSX racing bike. i don't know if it can do tricks, but it is fast and sporty.
Cymbaline

Offline supershooter

• Members
  • 2+2=4
« Reply #8 on: 05 Apr 2005, 20:41:11 »
Hmmmmmmmmm

Tricky

But possible, take a lot of work and wouldn't look good unless it was smooth. I'm not sure about the stunts, whether or not OFP could cope with something like that.

Shifting your weight option would be cool, but again you might have to wait for OFP2 cause I ain't got a clue how you would do it. Maybe you'd have to redo every animation for the bike so hes sitting in a custom position. (I mean scrapping what they have at the moment and making your own). Then it'd be a long process of doing the anims. (Flips, Wheelies, Stoppies? Stand on your head kinda thing  ;D)

If you did then it'd be possible to have lots of fun with tricks on moving veichles. Going off subject how about James Bond style moves. Holding onto the back of a car whilst it drags you along OR standing on the roof and using a weight shift to hold on as you hurtle up a country lane.

Back to the subject the idea of the bike/car going into a plane would be funny. Kinda wacky if you had a chase and then reach the highway, Later guys and press the red button. Away you'd go --- it'd be another great addition.

I think the problems are OFP or skill. It'd have to be a damn good group of animators scripters. Lots of hard work.

(sos for such a long reply, I got carried away with this one beacause I think stunts and moving veichles go together nicely)

-supershooter

bigdog632

« Reply #9 on: 06 Apr 2005, 01:15:03 »
i saw a movie with these in it, i hope if its done that the bike is better than the movie

Offline Woodpeckersam

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 06 Apr 2005, 21:52:01 »
i saw a movie with these in it, i hope if its done that the bike is better than the movie

The movie i belive you saw tese in was
Back to the Future I, II, II

That reminds me! Skating board tricks and proper animations for the leg.. hmmm :) :D

bigdog632

« Reply #11 on: 07 Apr 2005, 07:56:36 »
nope i believe the movie was called megafortress....lame 80s war movie, but it had cool vehicles and some heat sensitive camo paint

the bike like deployed wings out the back and took off like a plane....ahhh 80s special effects

bigdog632

« Reply #12 on: 07 Apr 2005, 07:58:12 »
they even made it into an atari game.....or vice versa

Dubieman

« Reply #13 on: 08 Apr 2005, 03:57:22 »
You'd need to address flips and their problems. I've "accidently" flipped a KLR250 on Nogova and the instant the front or rear tire goes vertical you get pushed off the bike. Same with wheelies. You can do them with the right jump on a hill but the bike then pulls violently to one side or the other or you fall off..... ::) >:( ;D

All with a KLR250.....