Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: a working backpack needed  (Read 4395 times)

mrgreaper

a working backpack needed
« on: 21 Mar 2005, 15:19:21 »
after much reading i have discovered that you can get a backpack addon (which i found and downloaded ) but there is a massive delay between starting a game and being able to get the back pack also a delay when u place it to being able to take stuff out put stuff in i realise this was made in 2003 and maybe there are better ways of doing this? maybe have a invisible crate follow the pack pack model so a team mate could take weapons out of it when the other player is wearing it etc?

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:a working backpack needed
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2005, 15:39:58 »
FDF-mod has a fully working backpack.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

mrgreaper

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2005, 16:16:58 »
FDF-mod has a fully working backpack.

any way to use it seperate from the mod ?

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2005, 20:42:30 »
Don't think so. Unless you download the mod, rip out the addon and rework it into a separate piece of equipment. But FDF is very well made mod. It's worth the download time.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

mrgreaper

« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2005, 20:58:09 »
Don't think so. Unless you download the mod, rip out the addon and rework it into a separate piece of equipment. But FDF is very well made mod. It's worth the download time.

yeah i`ve downloaded it (yet to try it about to pickup the misses so wont get to try it till 2morro) i just need the bacpack not sure if the mod will push the engine too far :) a whole map with respawning men is working well (and thanks to ur help onn my other thread i hope vehcles too) but i cant use dynamic sound pack as that pushes it just that little too far in mp so i`m thinking this one might as well but i`ll give it a try thanks for helping me chap

Grunt249

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2005, 12:46:41 »
WGL also includes a very nice rucksack system. The "problem" is that WGL is like FDF, in that both are full mods and their backpack systems will not work seperately. The only individual backpack addon I have seen myself is the Andy Lee backpack, which was a beta release. That might be the one you are talking about.

If you want to have a backpack addon without a full mod, then I think you will have to use the andylee version or make a new one. But if you don't mind using a mod, I know WGL is a lot of fun. It adds realism to the game and was made for MP playing, I have a low-end system and when running WGL in MP I see very little lag. I have not tried the FDF mod, but I have heard good things about that one as well.

mrgreaper

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2005, 19:27:28 »
WGL also includes a very nice rucksack system. The "problem" is that WGL is like FDF, in that both are full mods and their backpack systems will not work seperately. The only individual backpack addon I have seen myself is the Andy Lee backpack, which was a beta release. That might be the one you are talking about.

If you want to have a backpack addon without a full mod, then I think you will have to use the andylee version or make a new one. But if you don't mind using a mod, I know WGL is a lot of fun. It adds realism to the game and was made for MP playing, I have a low-end system and when running WGL in MP I see very little lag. I have not tried the FDF mod, but I have heard good things about that one as well.

the problem comes with the fact that my m8s and i like a "busy map" but i`m willing to try the mods where can i get the wgl mod ?

Grunt249

mrgreaper

« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2005, 00:22:53 »
downloaded the fdf mod but cant find the backpack :(

now downloading the wargames mod ...cheers for the link chap though not keen on the sound of it :( no third person might stop my m8 playing it but its only 150 meg so will give it a shot or two if u`ll excuse the pun :)

Blackblood

« Reply #9 on: 23 Mar 2005, 01:09:00 »
@mrgreaper
That backpack you referred to in the first post lacked a couple of lines of code. I'm currently working on a dynamic bergen for my UK Desert grunts at the moment and stumbled upon the same delay before I found the solution.
It's so simple It'll make anyone blush:
_unit reveal (insert classname of backpack)
and when the ammocrate is being setpos under your feet:
_unit reveal (insert classname of ammocrate)
instant recognition and user action.

The bergen addon is a couple of years old. I don't know how to get a hold on the author to get permission to upload the working update.
Anyways,  roughly the same technique is being applied on my soon to be released addon...

Grunt249

« Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 2005, 01:29:03 »
@mrgreaper

When the site said "no 3rd person", they are talking about while playing the game in the league matches. You can still use 3rd person with WGL, I do all the time for some great screenshots. But during the MP match games, they disable it to further enhance the realism level. If you are already downloading it, I'm sure you have seen by now that it does support 3rd person 100%. There are a few features of the WGL mod that will take some time to get used to, such as the new map coordinate system and the use of a few items that are meant more for MP than AI. An example is employing the crew-served weapons, although still possible to get AI to use them, it's much faster and easier with human team members. If you like, you can contact me and I can help you and your buddies learn how to use it in an easy manner.

@Blackblood

The bergen you are talking about, would it happen to be the Andy Backpack? Just curious.

Blackblood

« Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2005, 01:32:25 »
The bergen you are talking about, would it happen to be the Andy Backpack? Just curious.

RKSL-PLCE Bergen Ver 0.9BETA and the guy who made it gave all script credit to a bloke named Andy. Sounds like the one.

mrgreaper

« Reply #12 on: 23 Mar 2005, 10:44:09 »
@mrgreaper
That backpack you referred to in the first post lacked a couple of lines of code. I'm currently working on a dynamic bergen for my UK Desert grunts at the moment and stumbled upon the same delay before I found the solution.
It's so simple It'll make anyone blush:
_unit reveal (insert classname of backpack)
and when the ammocrate is being setpos under your feet:
_unit reveal (insert classname of ammocrate)
instant recognition and user action.

The bergen addon is a couple of years old. I don't know how to get a hold on the author to get permission to upload the working update.
Anyways,  roughly the same technique is being applied on my soon to be released addon...

as i say i`m new so i`m not sure how to implement that and yes it is the andy back pack

ur soon to be relesed addon i take it thats a back pack? how soon to be relesed? sorry for the twenty questions but i have to have the map ready for saturday :(

Grunt249

« Reply #13 on: 23 Mar 2005, 10:48:53 »
Ask, and you shall recieve...  ;)

The original author of the backpack, that many have used to modify for their own mods, is Andersson (Andy). It was originally a beta release, with a few bugs and with basic model and textures. Eventually several mods have improved on his work and released some great looking rucksacks.

Below are some old threads about the release of the original, as well as Andersson's homepage that includes the file as well as some other great stuff, and some nice pics too. Also, you can contact Andersson at andersson_jon@yahoo.com.

Andersson's Home Page
http://www.freewebs.com/andersson/

OFPEC Forums post
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=43;action=display;threadid=13427

BI Forums post
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=0b42d342c93fec8fb7c182b5e6a2a28e;act=ST;f=4;t=34312;st=0

Hope this helps  :)

Blackblood