Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: a BIG town  (Read 3128 times)

Dubieman

Re:a BIG town
« Reply #15 on: 22 Mar 2005, 04:45:30 »
Try not to start addon editing questions in addon ideas please.

I've looked at that newland island pic and it wipes out my suggestion... ::)

I forget what buildings it was, but maybe it was AGS or something that made tons of city oriented objects that you could use with BIS objects to create one heck of a city island.

And if you don't want to do that, try looking in the dungeons of ofp.info using search or look in islands. Same with OPflash.org.

Offline rado1265

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 22 Mar 2005, 18:19:21 »
I do some search, but nothing satisfying (for me) comes up.  So I saw a niche here.

I don't have any desire, or time, but mostly the knowledge to create such an island, I merely suggesting if some of the addon makers is up to it.

Though I supose the island will not be much popular because of its huge Mb millage.  But this can be compesated with great missions that can be made on such island.

EDIT: Ah and yes, you're right about that editing question.  When I saw it I've gone like "What the ...  ???
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2005, 18:50:01 by karantan »

Lean Bear

« Reply #17 on: 24 Mar 2005, 12:17:21 »
I think the Gaia island has some massive towns, but you might have to d/l the entire WG Mod to use it - but maybe not.

Although, I don't think the buildings are enterable.

btw The reason there aren't islands with huge towns with mostly enterable buildings is because of the lag that would create. Its much less stressful for OFP if there are lots of boxes as supposed to lots of boxes inside boxes (if you see what I mean).

@ greenbob

You could always use WrpTool, which opens Nogova without any trouble.

Offline rado1265

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 24 Mar 2005, 18:18:07 »
Yes Lean Bear, I see what you mean, I feared that the lack of such maps with the enterable buildings can be related with the lag problem.

That's a shame, because I have some great ideas for the missions on such map.  Not a long ago I've watched an excellent WW2 documentary "The battle for Aachen".  Now what a carnage that was!  Firstly there were a street fightings, then house to house fightings, then floor to floor, then room to room.   I know (as does all the sane people) that war sucks and that is a brutal thing, but after that documentary I was in shock!

Well, I'll survive if no such map will come out in the future; there's plenty other maps out there to play with.