Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Knocking over the tower  (Read 737 times)

Dubieman

Knocking over the tower
« on: 10 Mar 2005, 01:56:17 »
The best way to get rid of that pesky sentry! ;D

I'm using gen Barron's editor addon and when I setdammage the wire tower ( the all wire one that's tall) it flops to the ground.

My question is, what would be some "realistic" ways to do it?

I mean like in mission, I don't want an action saying "rock tower", I want something that'd seem real and quiet (no explosion). Keep in mind this tower is old and rickety from past battles. ;)

Then the other bit of code would be setvelocitying the sentry out of the tower as he fell, but that shouldn't be too hard, I'll just have to get the values right. :P
thanks
GRK
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2005, 01:57:11 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
Re:Knocking over the tower
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2005, 09:01:21 »
Do you mean, like, 'attack tower with ax(e)', or 'pour acid on base of tower' type of thing - or maybe 'Action: use metal file' ? Although that last one would take some time... :P

I don't think you'll be able to setvelocity the sentry, though, unless he's a custom unit defined as a car/other landvehicle. Setvelocity doesn't work with men. afaik

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2005, 21:53:41 »
I'm very sure that setvelocity works on ppl. :hmm:

An ax... Maybe.
No metal file. ;D
Maybe acid or something like that.

Aww maybe I will just make it pushed over. Now that I think of it, there is nothing that seems right. Maybe ram it with a vehicle. :P

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2005, 21:00:13 »
Satchel charge! :P
You can setvelocity people.. you have to setpos them (use the getpos _unit select 0, ... select 1, .. select 2)
might have to change the last (select 2) bit to 0.01 or something, then staight after do the setvelocity command.. It works :)
Kinda weird/annoying, but that's the only way around it

I've writen jump scripts that are on this thread, have a search for "jumping in ofp" for them

- Ben

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2005, 04:19:45 »
Wow! never knew that! ;D Truly, you learn every day! Sorry for my assertion before GRK :)

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2005, 23:04:15 »
No problems.
How's the anti-sentry scripts? :P
- Ben

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2005, 14:40:18 »
I haven't done much with it yet. These sentries need something to watch over first. ;D

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2005, 04:41:29 »
how about, set tower afire,

catshit 1 has some really good fire effects that u just place on the map, u could  make the tower go on fire, and then have the sentry on the top catch on fire, and start screeming and then do setvelocity to make him look like he jummped out, and in the air make him do playmove"commbat to lying" so he dosent hit the ground then get up, then fall down.

just do it like ecp did.

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 19 Mar 2005, 18:45:39 »
 ;D

Not very quiet but will be taken into consideration.

I keep getting sidetracked, makes it hard to create a mission... ::) :)