Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Stars  (Read 4073 times)

Dubieman

Re:Stars
« Reply #15 on: 22 Mar 2005, 04:26:19 »
As dmakatra said....

Why do we want to include a elitistic (is there such a word?) system on this beautiful forum?

I prefer being one of the regular plain grey members of OFPEC where we'll all equal except for the mods who are our unforgiving masters whom me work the fields for.:beat: Its much better that way. No nasty revolutions or anything. Take a look at history, its all there. ;) ;D

Homefry31464

« Reply #16 on: 22 Mar 2005, 05:00:07 »
Exactly... we are just the minions in all this.... the current system works just fine...

And, its elitist.  ;)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #17 on: 22 Mar 2005, 13:31:05 »
i know a site that does have a system wich gives points for how usefull your post are something like 0 for funny off topic 5 for an essay and things like that

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #18 on: 22 Mar 2005, 20:03:59 »
*Creeps back in*

The big problem experienced by the OFPEC Team concerning the use of the Star Rating system, was that eventually, and frequently, constantly, someone, or somelot, of people, would use it to look down upon other Forum Members.

"I've got 4853 posts, you've got one.. f**k off you n00b!"

Which meant that people like Sefe, had to bring out the big stick, and start beating. Now whilst Sefe often enjoyed this, and in fact, got a sexual thrill from it, it just got out of hand.

It was also the only way we could attempt to rein Tomb in!!

Suffice, it adds nothing to the Forum discussion, it only detracts, and as I said in an earlier statement, we're all one family, and in this family, everyone is equal.

Even Tomb.

;D
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #19 on: 22 Mar 2005, 20:22:26 »
nuff said i think. the rating system i suggested would have few benefits, as posters can tell instantly which advice is the most helpful and constructive.

i'm pleased to have even the one star.

it looks shiny :)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #20 on: 23 Mar 2005, 11:43:11 »
Start up your own YaBB SE forum and you get five! W00t! Look at me!

http://dmakatra.mine.nu/forum/ (PLEASE POST!) ;D

Other than that, I agree with Wolfsbane. Though I still would like his thong for the 3000-post party. ;D

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2005, 11:46:42 by dmakatra »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #21 on: 23 Mar 2005, 12:13:34 »
i do agree that there is not much point of having them just maybe a few people will post a bit quicker because they will get a star but you dont gain much from it

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #22 on: 23 Mar 2005, 20:36:43 »
It would probibally result in people uploading stuff we've seen before such as eject scrips. This would just result in spam but in a different form :-\. The last thing this editing site needs is having the Editors Depot clogged up the same scripts ;)!

I think I didnt post clear enough, What I meant was you got like half a star every time you post a script And it gets uploaded If it doesnt it just stays on the pending list and no stars for you :P
Then in this matter it wouldnt be a spam thing, but more of a challeng thing, as spamming would get you no stars.

Or my second Idea, just give me five stars for no appearent reason :P
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #23 on: 23 Mar 2005, 21:44:03 »
Then people will release two-line scripts. Why the stars in the first place? Common! Who cares really?

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat: