Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Guide to be updated?  (Read 1838 times)

Crassus

OFPEC Guide to be updated?
« on: 18 Mar 2005, 15:44:20 »
I'm hoping you will tell me if and when the OFPEC Guide (http://www.ofpec.com/editors/guide.php) will be updated to include Constructing Campaigns, and Addon Creation. If you recall, thus far Mission Making and Multiplayer Editing are the Lessons provided.

« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2005, 15:48:02 by Crassus »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:OFEC Guide to be updated?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2005, 15:48:36 »
The first two were written a couple of years ago by snYpir, who has since been distracted by making VBS work for the Australian Army and vice versa.

If anybody would like to write the others, we'd be delighted.   AFAIK nobody has been working on them.

There are already some tutorials on both subjects, but I'm not sure how comprehensive they are.    Many tutorials have been written on all kinds of topics since snYpir wrote his and it may be that the planned OFPEC guides are no longer necessary.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:OFPEC Guide to be updated?
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2005, 22:39:45 »
Its been a while since I read the ofpec guide, but doesn't it mainly just link to good tutorials about those particular subjects? Or at least the first one does. So it should just be a matter of adding in some links to tutorials about those things Crassus mentioned. The main thing about the ofpec guide is that it is the first thing a new visitor to the site sees, so it acts as a starting point for learning about various things.

A campaign guide should be fairly short and easy to make, since it is a relatively small subject. Here are some relevant links:

Best tutorial on making campaigns
campaign maker

Perhaps some mention could be made in the guide about how to use scripts or sounds from, say, mission #1 in the campaign, and use them in mission #4 without having to copy/paste them into the mission folder. I've heard that this can be done, but don't remember how. Saves a ton of filesize when using the same music track in every mission, for example.

As far as addon editing; well, the tutorials on this site are somewhat lacking in that area (although it is mainly a mission editing site, so that is understandable), so perhaps some links to external-site tutorials would be in order?
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline Adam David

• Members
Re: OFPEC Guide to be updated?
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2008, 13:02:41 »
Those two links are not working... can you fix it?

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2008, 13:32:01 »
Well, I dunno which tutorials General Barron was showing in 2005 (btw what a major dig up eh?), but there are some nifty tutorials about OFP editing in the Editors Depot.

Look here: OFP Editing.

Concerning the tools, check here: OFP Tools.

:good:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2008, 13:48:40 »
We are actually working on a new dynamic FAQ, plus a better (backend) interface for our online tutorials which will allow us to update some of our tutorials more frequently. As it stands now the tutorials in the ED linked on the left are static and it takes a while to update and change them up as new things come to light, or suggestions for additions fixes. You should see these changes in the coming weeks.
Xbox Rocks