Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dual weapons  (Read 1301 times)

Macheteinyaface666

Dual weapons
« on: 28 Feb 2005, 17:54:39 »
could an addon be made that alows certain weapons to be dual weilded eg.Gang wars with dual ingrams

MOC_XIII

Re:Dual weapons
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2005, 23:31:48 »
Maybe with custom anims. I can make some too. Should I?
THIS COULD WORK

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2005, 20:40:24 »
i dont think you can have 2 weapon proxys on one model

Macheteinyaface666

« Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2005, 18:08:38 »
I was thinking make the model 1 model but with the two weapons seperated by a space and custom anims.I have never made an addon but I know the basics.
@MOC_XIII
plese make these anims.

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2005, 23:18:13 »
 :-\ when will you guys learn to accept OFP's limitations  :( anyways its not the model or anims thats the problem, rather the technical crap. Lets go over them:

1. You can only have 1 weapon proxy, each weapon proxy will only support one gun barrel

2. There would be no way to alternate the firing on the guns, make them shoot at the same time might work, but the recoil would never work, and you can forget about the optics.

3. No anims would ever work for, it, not for reloading, ducking, going prone, throwing grenades etc...

4. It would have to be classed as a single weapon, so mags would be single, and double (ex. 2 M9s = 1 30 round mag), and the weapons' aim would be way way off.

5. Just not possible, besides, soldiers are issued 1 sidearm, and 2 are pointless, a second would only slow you down and make you less effective.

johan_d2

« Reply #5 on: 03 Mar 2005, 02:34:39 »
Who need two ingrams when he has the old thrusty M60?

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 03 Mar 2005, 05:27:42 »
Someone did some scripting to make a unit carry 2 rifles, but only one in hand at one time...
Search forum I guess... :P

@the idea itself...
The game is 4 years old, amazing isn't it?, and pretty much, everything you can think of, has been tryed or made already. And if it didn't work then, it won't work now. (there are exceptions ::)).

But that shouldn't matter as you guys are new. We should be nicer... :)
How would you like your eggs.... :o :D

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #7 on: 03 Mar 2005, 20:55:35 »
Someone did some scripting to make a unit carry 2 rifles, but only one in hand at one time...
Search forum I guess... :P

@the idea itself...
The game is 4 years old, amazing isn't it?, and pretty much, everything you can think of, has been tryed or made already. And if it didn't work then, it won't work now. (there are exceptions ::)).

But that shouldn't matter as you guys are new. We should be nicer... :)
How would you like your eggs.... :o :D

;D  :cheers: Maybe we should  ;)