Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: camcreating missiles....  (Read 409 times)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
camcreating missiles....
« on: 27 Feb 2005, 18:22:14 »
i've had a wee look for tutorials on the subject but i'm not coming up with anything other than the normal shell125 etc...

is it possible to use the same trick to create one of the missiles, and perhaps send it on its way with the setvelocity command? or do they not behave in the same way, i.e. exploding on impact?

any pointers to the appropriate tutorials - i'm sure this has been asked a million times - will be appreciated.

cheers

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re:camcreating missiles....
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2005, 19:00:53 »
Yes, it is possible to camCreate a missile and setVelocity it....
At me sig there's one thing that comes to mind... :P ::)
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

bored_onion

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2005, 19:07:33 »
yeah you can camcreate them. where you put shell125 earlier just put the name of the missile. the names can be found in the weapons and ammo list. as for moving them about, yes you can do that but it would involve a lot of trig to get things going, especially at moving objects.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2005, 19:13:00 »
the name for a missile is "HellFire" wich is fun to mess around with but i made my computer freze being alittle silly like camcreating 24 of them i made an m1a1 abram go 200m in the air. but anyway thats the name i used and it worked.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2005, 19:17:33 »
right, well the reason i ask is because it doesn't seem to work. nothing gets camcreated, at least nothing visible at any rate. when i camcreate a shell, fine, there's quite a blatant indicator that it's worked. but for example

Code: [Select]
"Rocket57x192" camCreate getmarkerpos "boom"

does anything but go 'boom'....

incorrect ammo name? it's from the weapons list...

EDIT - cheers 456820, beat me to it ;) that works just fine, many thanks. i notice also that "maverick" works too... my mistake was adding the 'launcher' bit...
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2005, 19:36:08 by bedges »