Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: putting buildings on bases  (Read 350 times)

cirkut5732

putting buildings on bases
« on: 24 Feb 2005, 04:26:47 »
hello everyone whats the command for putting buildings on bases, im building a barracks on a slight slope and when you enter the barracks you can see the ground thru the bottom LOL!!
so i need to raise it up i believe any help??

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:putting buildings on bases
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2005, 05:05:14 »
This is happening because the ground where you are placing the building is not flat.

Either it is on a slope or there is a slight rise somewhere in the area of placement.

If you place your building in the editor, you can then use the init field for the building to raise it slightly.

However, depending on how much you have to raise it, you may come across another problem......from the outside you might find one or two edges of the building are floating a few centimetres above the ground.

Anyway......

buildingname setpos (getpos (buildingname select 0), getpos (buildingname select 1), getpos (buildingname select 2) + X)

or

this setpos (getpos (this select 0), getpos (this select 1), getpos (this select 2) + X)

Syntax may be a bit wobbly.

X of course is the height to raise it by.
You will have to experiment till you get the height you want.......start with something like 0.5 and work up or down as the case may be.

Planck
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2005, 05:06:13 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Dubieman

Re:putting buildings on bases
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2005, 05:24:29 »
Some buildings have walls that go underground 5 meters or so, though it won't matter if you raise it to high, you won't be able to get to the doors on the downhill side. :P