Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Unaccurate shooting + more recoil  (Read 508 times)

Vitalik

Unaccurate shooting + more recoil
« on: 08 Feb 2005, 21:26:25 »
perhaps there are thousands f posts about this on this website, but i just really dont have time to search now, but anyway to the point. Is there a script or an addon which causes rifles to fire less accurately and have much more recoil to make gameplay more realistic?
if there are please tell me how i can access them.

thanx alot

Vitalik

dan ick

Re:Unaccurate shooting + more recoil
« Reply #1 on: 08 Feb 2005, 21:42:31 »
 ;D O.K
            LOL
                    The same question is a few rows down on this forum.Anyway download the BAS/Jam men if you want Ai with poor aim,They have HD men which have a very s**t aim :gunman:(think its high dispersion,The HD i mean).Or there is a script on this site (Possibly a few :-\)

Anyway hope this helps ;D

:gunman:
« Last Edit: 08 Feb 2005, 21:44:37 by dan ick »

Jimpy

« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb 2005, 06:04:17 »
I hacked about at the JAM config to make "XD" magazines!
"Xtreme Dispersion" even worse than "HD"- now the little
guys shoot more like the soldiers I used to have to train
in real life! Ha ha! "Couldn't hit a cow on the ass with a banjo!";
as we say in Scotland.

redgun

« Reply #3 on: 09 Feb 2005, 20:53:32 »
Just a general question:

why do some many ofp gamers think that higher despersion would be more realistic?
i think the way it is done in flashpoint is quite authentic.

of course there are a few weapons that spray the bullets in all direction, but these aren'ta ctuelly the weapons used in OFP.

Offline Wadmann

• OFPEC Patron
  • I'm the next evolutionary step after a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 09 Feb 2005, 21:52:07 »
@redgun

Have you ever fired a rifle of any type?

If you have, then you will know how hard it is to aligh the post and the groove on a weapon as perfectly as it is aligned ALL OF THE TIME in OFP. If the post is a fraction low, high, left, or right instead of perfectly aligned, then the bullet will NOT hit the spot that you are aiming.

As OFP only asks that you point, not aim, IMHO dispersion needs to be increased to accurately reflect the inability of the weapon sights to be anything other than perfectly aligned.

@Vitalik

Here is one by General Coder.

Wadmann
Check out my Camouflage Collection! New items added 31 July 2005.

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2005, 02:14:28 »
HD weapons always help and if you still want to make everybody's aim crappier then use the old setdammage trick.

loonie setdammage -1
; this gives a guy bad aim, but I've found that sometimes he looks very screwy since he can sometimes be pointing the gun straight at the ground, very unrealistic

loonie setdammage -0.2
;seems to work better, aim not so lousy but the guy actually points the weapon at you.

But of course -0.2 was being used with JAM HD weapons so its best to experiment. ;)

johan_d2

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2005, 13:10:31 »
this setdammage -0.8 works fine. They are lethal eventually, but no more sharpshooters. Works even with tanks and choppers!

Great finding!